“The amount of gold that was used to make jewelry in 2010 alone rose a staggering amount.”
Diwali is celebrated with vibrant and festive cheer in India and several parts of the globe. The celebrations rejoice hope and the many joys of life alongside the victory of good over evil in the eternal struggle – regardless [...]
The word Diwali, or Deepavali indicates success, prosperity and enlightenment. Celebrated in Hinduism, Jainism and Sikhism, this popular festival of lights brings families, friends and communities together as the richness, vibrancy and glory of our culture resonates through the five-day long celebrations. So we asked the question to our fellow Canadians of ‘What Diwali means to [...]
1. Clear, flat-backed marbles
2. Clip art printed to fit marbles
3. Round magnets
4. Hot glue gun
5. White craft glue
1. Choose clip art you want to use. Print off a sample in black and white first to see if the size will work. It should fit on the back of the marble. Adjust size to fit. [...]
Sweets and Festivals go hand in hand. And when it comes to Indian festivals, especially grandiose Diwali, sweets seem to be everywhere, along with all sorts of rich dishes. If you tend to gain weight more easily, it is suggested to keep your taste buds in some control otherwise all your healthy eating strategy will [...]
Diwali’s magical and radiant touch creates an atmosphere of joy and festivity.
Of all the festivals celebrated in India, Diwali is by far the most glamorous and important. Enthusiastically enjoyed, Diwali’s magical and radiant touch creates an atmosphere of joy and festivity. The festival of lights (a feature of Hinduism, Jainism and Sikhism) is celebrated by decorating the home, distributing sweets and [...]
Chocolate Ginger Rice Pudding
• 5 cups whole milk
• 2/3 cup Arborio rice
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest (from 1 medium orange)
• 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
• 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 1/2 tablespoons orange liqueur
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. In a heavy, medium saucepan, combine the [...]
4. Food Coloring
1. Place the sand and glitter in a glass or metal bowl and use the food coloring to tint it the desired color (you can also use rice).
2. Fill the jar about two thirds full with the colored sand or rice. (It is easier to store these candle [...]
Diwali marks the new moon and a new year. It is a time for new beginnings.
The festival gets its name from the Sanskrit word ‘Deepavali’, which means ‘a row of lamps’. Decorating the home with clay lamps is an important part of the Diwali celebrations. There are many versions of the origin of this festival. [...]
Diwali is a vibrant and joyous festival; a celebration of lights that is marked in several rejoicing ways and unique traditions.
Diwali is a vibrant and joyous festival; a celebration of lights that is marked in several rejoicing ways and unique traditions. While it may boast of being the brightest and grandest of Hindu and Sikh [...]