Sunday, May 24, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

30 Million People Watch 'Mohenjo Daro' Trailer, Shredded For Not Looking Authentic

IANS, 21 Jun, 2016 11:17 AM
    The trailer of filmmaker Ashutosh Gowariker's much-awaited project "Mohenjo Daro", which brings a story from the medieval world on the silver screen, was launched on Monday. The trailer was released across Star TV networks as a roadblock on all channels and garnered massive views.
     
    The trailer of Hrithik Roshan-starrer was viewed by as many as 30 million people worldwide on channels across Star Networks. This is the first time Star Networks has extended such kind of support to any film. The trailer was played as a three minute full trailer via a roadblock on their network channels at 8:57 p.m., said a statement from the channel.
     
     
    The trailer presents a glimpse to the epic saga with stunning visual effects and larger-than-life terrain. 
     
    Hrithik appeared rustic and fierce as promised through the first look of the film, which also features Pooja Hegde, Kabir Bedi and Arunoday Singh in key roles.
     
     
     

    Tweets ridiculing the trailer of Mohenjo Daro have flooded social media. Some are pointing out inaccuracies, others are commenting on how like a mashup of Baahubali it seems:

     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    At a time when most trailers are launched at events, "Mohenjo Daro" team initiated a new marketing move and opted to unveil it through a global GEC (General Entertainment Channel) roadblock.
     
    Written, produced and directed by Gowariker, the epic adventure-romance is set in the city of Mohenjo Daro in the era of the Indus Valley civilisation which dates back to 2600 BC.
     
    Gowariker, who brought series "Everest" on the small screen last year, believes television is the fastest way to reach a wider audience.
     
    "We are extremely thrilled with the positive response to the motion poster and first look posters of 'Mohenjo Daro' and couldn't wait to share the trailer. Television still continues to be one of the best and fastest way to reach out to viewers across age groups, segments and length and breadth of the country and in this case globally," he said.
     
    "We thought it would be an ideal platform to release the film's trailer which deserves to be seen by all as part of a special roadblock across the Star Network. We also made the trailer available across digital platforms as well as part of the launch," he added.
     
     
    Produced by Siddharth Roy Kapur and Sunita Gowariker, "Mohenjo Daro" is slated to release on August 12.

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    'Sultan' Composer Vishal Dadlani Stays Away From Salman-Arijit Controversy

    'Sultan' Composer Vishal Dadlani Stays Away From Salman-Arijit Controversy
    Salman, according to Arijit, was upset because of some comment Arijit made on him at an award show. He, however, deleted the post, but it was already late and the post went viral before that.

    'Sultan' Composer Vishal Dadlani Stays Away From Salman-Arijit Controversy

    Shilpa Shetty's Motivational Instagram Post Is Worth Your Time

    Shilpa Shetty's Motivational Instagram Post Is Worth Your Time
    This picture explains Shilpa's transformation from size 16 to size 8. It's inspiring: 

    Shilpa Shetty's Motivational Instagram Post Is Worth Your Time

    'Udta Punjab' Not Banned

    Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, the movie's co-producer, on Saturday took to social media to put an end to rumours surrounding the ban on the film.

    'Udta Punjab' Not Banned

    Harman Baweja's Brother Johny Baweja's 'Personal' Video Leaked Online

    Harman Baweja's Brother Johny Baweja's 'Personal' Video Leaked Online
    Johny Baweja can be seen in a compromising position in the video, and he is “surprised how this footage got leaked”.

    Harman Baweja's Brother Johny Baweja's 'Personal' Video Leaked Online

    Big B Flaunts Saffron For Modi's Two-year Bash

    Big B Flaunts Saffron For Modi's Two-year Bash
    Megastar Amitabh Bachchan flaunted a saffron coloured Nehru jacket in tune with the saffron wave spread by the Narendra Modi-led government as he addressed the special two-year celebrations of the Prime Minister's rule.

    Big B Flaunts Saffron For Modi's Two-year Bash

    Why Did 'Raman Raghav 2.0' Leave Nawazuddin Disturbed?

    Why Did 'Raman Raghav 2.0' Leave Nawazuddin Disturbed?
    The actor says it was a 'disturbing' experience for him as there was a time while shooting for the movie when lines between right and wrong got blurred.

    Why Did 'Raman Raghav 2.0' Leave Nawazuddin Disturbed?