Sunday, May 24, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

30 Million People Watch 'Mohenjo Daro' Trailer, Shredded For Not Looking Authentic

IANS, 21 Jun, 2016 11:17 AM
    The trailer of filmmaker Ashutosh Gowariker's much-awaited project "Mohenjo Daro", which brings a story from the medieval world on the silver screen, was launched on Monday. The trailer was released across Star TV networks as a roadblock on all channels and garnered massive views.
     
    The trailer of Hrithik Roshan-starrer was viewed by as many as 30 million people worldwide on channels across Star Networks. This is the first time Star Networks has extended such kind of support to any film. The trailer was played as a three minute full trailer via a roadblock on their network channels at 8:57 p.m., said a statement from the channel.
     
     
    The trailer presents a glimpse to the epic saga with stunning visual effects and larger-than-life terrain. 
     
    Hrithik appeared rustic and fierce as promised through the first look of the film, which also features Pooja Hegde, Kabir Bedi and Arunoday Singh in key roles.
     
     
     

    Tweets ridiculing the trailer of Mohenjo Daro have flooded social media. Some are pointing out inaccuracies, others are commenting on how like a mashup of Baahubali it seems:

     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    At a time when most trailers are launched at events, "Mohenjo Daro" team initiated a new marketing move and opted to unveil it through a global GEC (General Entertainment Channel) roadblock.
     
    Written, produced and directed by Gowariker, the epic adventure-romance is set in the city of Mohenjo Daro in the era of the Indus Valley civilisation which dates back to 2600 BC.
     
    Gowariker, who brought series "Everest" on the small screen last year, believes television is the fastest way to reach a wider audience.
     
    "We are extremely thrilled with the positive response to the motion poster and first look posters of 'Mohenjo Daro' and couldn't wait to share the trailer. Television still continues to be one of the best and fastest way to reach out to viewers across age groups, segments and length and breadth of the country and in this case globally," he said.
     
    "We thought it would be an ideal platform to release the film's trailer which deserves to be seen by all as part of a special roadblock across the Star Network. We also made the trailer available across digital platforms as well as part of the launch," he added.
     
     
    Produced by Siddharth Roy Kapur and Sunita Gowariker, "Mohenjo Daro" is slated to release on August 12.

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Akshay Kumar Wants Insurance For Stuntman In Bollywood

    Actor Akshay Kumar, who is also known as the action hero in Bollywood, says there is no insurance for stuntman in the Hindi film industry and he wants that to change.

    Akshay Kumar Wants Insurance For Stuntman In Bollywood

    If I Would Direct A Film, I Would Not Act In It: Aamir Khan

    Superstar Aamir Khan says that if he directs a film, he would not act in it.

    If I Would Direct A Film, I Would Not Act In It: Aamir Khan

    I Learnt So Much From You: Gauri Shinde To Sridevi

    I Learnt So Much From You: Gauri Shinde To Sridevi
    Director Gauri Shinde, who is currently working on her second film with superstar Shah Rukh Khan, has credited actress Sridevi for it.

    I Learnt So Much From You: Gauri Shinde To Sridevi

    Alia, Varun Mourn Death Of Hodor From 'Game Of Thrones'

    Alia, Varun Mourn Death Of Hodor From 'Game Of Thrones'
      The climax of episode explained the giant’s past and also why he is only able to say his name, which is actually a command - “Hold the door”.

    Alia, Varun Mourn Death Of Hodor From 'Game Of Thrones'

    Government Examining Salma Agha's Request For Overseas Citizen Of India Card

    Her request has reached the union home ministry and is being examined accordingly

    Government Examining Salma Agha's Request For Overseas Citizen Of India Card

    Salman Khan To Shoot First Schedule Of Kabir Khan's Next In Ladakh

    Salman Khan To Shoot First Schedule Of Kabir Khan's Next In Ladakh
    After delivering two blockbuster hits in "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Bajrangi Bhaijaan" with Salman Khan, director Kabir Khan says the first schedule of his next film with the superstar will be filmed in Ladakh.

    Salman Khan To Shoot First Schedule Of Kabir Khan's Next In Ladakh