Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
Hollywood

I Was Spared From Sexual Harassment Says Julia Roberts

IANS, 17 Nov, 2017 12:19 PM
  • I Was Spared From Sexual Harassment Says Julia Roberts
Hollywood actress Julia Roberts has revealed that she is one of the few lucky ones who have been "spared" from sexual harassment during her career.
 
According to People Magazine, the 50-year-old actress said, she is fortunate to have not suffered any form of sexual misconduct in the workplace.
 
In an interview given to a leading news channel, the Oscar-winning actress admitted her luck makes her "feel bad", because she doesn't understand why she did not face the same alleged treatment that others claim to have been subjected to.
 
She said, "You know, it's all so ugly in so many ways. I've never had this experience. I mean, I almost feel bad saying that because I don't know why I was spared. You hear some of these heart-wrenching, awful stories and I have a daughter, it is heartbreaking. But it's not been part of my experience."
 
This is not the first time Roberts has come forward to speak about the alleged misconduct of the likes of Harvey Weinstein.
 
She previously released a statement in support of victims after decades of allegations against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.
 
The 'Notting Hill' star also urged any victims of sexual abuse or harassment to turn to specialist organisations for help and support.
 
"If you've been subjected to any kind of abuse or harassment, there are places to go for help, including the Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network (RAINN.org). Or call the National Sexual Assault Hotline 800-656-HOPE (4673)," noted Roberts. 

MORE Hollywood ARTICLES

Steven Spielberg To Get Highest US Civilian Honour

It will be presented to the awardees at the White House by the US President Barack Obama on November 24.

Steven Spielberg To Get Highest US Civilian Honour

Salman Khan's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' crosses Rs.200 crore mark

The Sooraj Barjatya directorial family drama has minted Rs.202.39 crore in India and overseas since its release.

Salman Khan's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' crosses Rs.200 crore mark

Julianne Moore to star in 'Wonderstruck'

Julianne Moore to star in 'Wonderstruck'
Actress Julianne Moore will reunite with her “Far From Heaven” director Todd Haynes for upcoming film “Wonderstruck”, an adaptation of an eponymous children’s book by Brian Selznick.

Julianne Moore to star in 'Wonderstruck'

One Direction Are Totally Exhausted: Simon Cowell

Music mogul Simon Cowell, who manages British band One Direction, totally understands why they want to take a lengthy hiatus.

One Direction Are Totally Exhausted: Simon Cowell

Charlie Sheen Says He Is HIV-Positive, Has Been Blackmailed

Charlie Sheen Says He Is HIV-Positive, Has Been Blackmailed
In an interview Tuesday on NBC's "Today," the 50-year-old actor said he tested positive for the virus that causes AIDS about four years ago, but that, thanks to a rigorous drug regimen, he's healthy.

Charlie Sheen Says He Is HIV-Positive, Has Been Blackmailed

Selena Gomez To Sell California Home

Singer Selena Gomez has put up her home in Calabasas, California for sale and is hoping to get a whopping $4.5 million for it.

Selena Gomez To Sell California Home