• 8 chicken drumsticks
• 2 tbsps lemon juice
• Rock salt • 2 tbsps garlic paste
• 1 tbsp ginger paste
• 1 tsp black peppercorn, freshly pounded
• ½ tsp yellow chili powder
• 1 tsp pomegranate seeds powder
• ½ tsp ajwain
• 1 tbsp green coriander stem
• 3 tbsps ghee melted
• 2 tbsps curd
• 2 whole garlic, cut into half and grilled
• Spice mix (1 tsp pomegranate + ½ tsp black salt + ½ tsp garam masala mixed together)
• Wash the chicken drumsticks and pat dry. Make a deep cut with a sharp knife, one on the front and other on the back of the drumstick.
• Add garlic, ginger paste, lemon juice and rock salt. Mix well and rub each chicken drumstick until it’s evenly coated. Squeeze each drumstick gently.
• Keep chicken drumsticks in a ziplock plastic bag, sprinkle freshly pounded black pepper, yellow chili powder and ajwain. Mix well and vaccum pack the bag or zip lock by removing the air as much possible. Place it in the refrigerator for one to two hours.
• Take the chicken drumsticks out of the bag and place them in a large bowl. Add coriander stems, one tablespoon of ghee, and whisked curd mix, and rub each piece.
• Cook in a moderate tandoor, BBQ on grill or in the preheated oven at 350°F until it reaches to the internal temperature of 165°F.
• Remove in a platter, sprinkle mix spice on top, drizzle warm ghee and serve with a salad and lemon wedge.
Photos: Courtesy of Manjit Singh Gill, Ritik Sharma Photography