• 12 8/12-sized peeled prawns
• 2 tbsps rice flour
• 3 tbsps corn flour
• ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
• ½ tsp garam masala
• 2 tsps mild red chili powder
• 2 sprigs of curry leaves, finely chopped
• Salt and water as needed
• Oil for deep-frying
• Juice of 1 lime
• Some chopped coriander leaves
• Wash the prawns and drain them completely. Then marinate the prawns with the chopped curry leaves, one teaspoon of red chili powder, and a dash of lime juice, and keep aside.
• Make a batter using the rice and cornflour, garam masala, salt, the remaining red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, and chopped coriander leaves. Add water as needed.
• Deep fry the prawns until they turn golden.
• Sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander, ghati masala powder, and a lime wedge on top, and serve hot.
Photos Courtesy of Rohit Ghai
Read more about Chef Rohit Ghai