- 500 gms paneer
- 400 gms tomatoes
- 30 gms ginger and garlic paste
- 90 gms white butter
- 90 gms desi ghee
- 100 ml cream
- 10 gms red chilli powder (Kashmiri)
- 4 gms whole black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cloves
- 75 gms makhana (lotus seeds)
- 5 gms kasuri methi
- Roast the tomatoes on the flame like you would do for brinjal for bharta; remove the skin and puree.
- In a kadhai, add ghee. When the ghee is slightly hot, add the whole spices. When the pepper splutters, add the ginger and garlic and sauté till brown. Then add the chilli powder. Once the colour is achieved, reduce the flame.
- Now add the tomato puree and cook on medium flame till smooth and no bits are visible. At this point, add the white butter, fresh cream and kasuri methi.
- Cook until an aroma is achieved, then add the paneer diamonds and cook for three to four minutes on low flame and finish to serve.