Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
India

Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Darpan News Desk IANS, 14 Jan, 2025 12:26 PM
  • Bihar minister receives threat calls from Lawrence Bishnoi

Patna, Jan 14 (IANS) Bihar's Labour Resources Minister, Santosh Kumar Singh, has received a life-threatening message and WhatsApp call demanding an extortion amount of Rs 30 lakh.

According to the minister's statement, the caller made a clear threat, stating, "Give the money or else you will be killed anywhere." Singh mentioned that initially, he received a call via WhatsApp, but when he did not pick up, a message followed. In the message, the caller identified a specific gang (Lawrence Bishnoi) and demanded a ransom.

The Kotwali Police Station has responded to the incident and is investigating the matter. Police officials have visited the minister's residence and are working on gathering evidence to identify and apprehend the perpetrators of the extortion attempt. This incident has raised concerns regarding the safety and security of public figures in Bihar, and the authorities have been put on high alert following the threat.

The threat message received by Bihar's Labour Resources Minister Santosh Kumar Singh included a chilling warning: “If you want to save your life, send Rs 30 lakh. Just like Baba Siddiqui was murdered, you will get the same treatment if you do not respond according to me. Your car number is known. We will follow you and eliminate you.”

The message further fuelled concerns about the minister's safety. Kotwali Police Station in-charge Rajan Kumar has initiated an investigation into the threat, and DSP Krishna Murari Prasad confirmed that the incident is being looked into.

“After receiving the call and a life-threatening message, we are gathering details. The complainant has filed an application at Kotwali police station and we are investigating the matter. The caller will be traced soon,” Prasad said. This extortion threat follows a similar pattern to recent threats in Bihar, including the one faced by Purnea MP Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav, who was also targeted by a gang.

The police have stepped up their investigation and security measures in response to this alarming trend targeting prominent individuals in the state.

 

MORE India ARTICLES

Sisodia not sharing Tihar Jail cell with anyone: Officials

Sisodia not sharing Tihar Jail cell with anyone: Officials
The officials said that some dreaded criminals were lodged in the same ward, adding that Sisodia has not raised any complaint in food or other things so far. Sisodia, who was arrested on February 26 in the Delhi excise policy case, was lodged in the cell on Monday after due formalities which included some medical tests.

Sisodia not sharing Tihar Jail cell with anyone: Officials

Delhi court to hear arguments on charges against Shraddha murder accused on Mar 20

Delhi court to hear arguments on charges against Shraddha murder accused on Mar 20
Special public prosecutor (SPP) Amit Prasad argued the charges against Poonawala. It was submitted that the accused is a trained chef from Taj Hotel and is aware of preserving the flesh. Poonawala had also ordered dry ice, agarbatti etc. after killing Shraddha Walker, the police said.

Delhi court to hear arguments on charges against Shraddha murder accused on Mar 20

Moosewala's parents seek justice for slain son

Moosewala's parents seek justice for slain son
Carrying placards, father Balkaur Singh and mother Charan Kaur told the media it has been almost a year of the crime occurrence and the main culprits have not been arrested.They demanded that the case should be investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as crucial witnesses "are being eliminated and nothing is going in their favour."

Moosewala's parents seek justice for slain son

Delhi Police bust inter-state gang involved in stealing luxury cars; 2 held

Delhi Police bust inter-state gang involved in stealing luxury cars; 2 held
The accused were identified as Mohd. Danish (33) and Danish alias Raja (30), both residents of Sambhal in Uttar Pradesh. Police have also recovered five high end luxury cars and SUVs from the possession of the accused.

Delhi Police bust inter-state gang involved in stealing luxury cars; 2 held

Punjab tourists ransack shops, houses in Himachal's Manikaran

Punjab tourists ransack shops, houses in Himachal's Manikaran
The cause of the provocation is yet to be ascertained, an official told IANS, adding the situation is under control. Videos of the ruckus were viral on the social media. Many parked vehicles and a nearby police station was pelted on with stones.

Punjab tourists ransack shops, houses in Himachal's Manikaran

Delhi court sends Sisodia to judicial custody till March 20

Delhi court sends Sisodia to judicial custody till March 20
The court had, on March 4, extended Sisodia's CBI custody for two days and listed his bail plea for March 10 and in the last two days, the CBI questioned him with key witnesses -- former excise commissioner Arva Gopi Krishna and former excise department secretary C. Arvind -- in this case, who recorded their statements in front of a magistrate. 

Delhi court sends Sisodia to judicial custody till March 20