Sunday, May 24, 2026
ADVT 
India

Man held for stalking, sending obscene messages to over 200 women

Darpan News Desk IANS, 16 Jun, 2022 10:59 AM
  • Man held for stalking, sending obscene messages to over 200 women

New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) A 32-year-old man, working in a factory in Bahadurgarh, Haryana, was arrested by the Delhi police for online stalking and sending obscene images and videos to more than 200 women, an official said on Thursday. The accused, identified as Manoj Kumar, was nabbed by the Cyber police station of north district.

Furnishing details, Dy. Commissioner of Police Sagar Singh Kalsi said a woman lodged a complaint alleging that some unknown person has been stalking and harassing her through anonymous calls and WhatsApp messages as well as sending obscene images/videos to her. On the basis of this complaint, the police sought information from various social media platforms to trace the identity of the alleged stalker. The call detail records of the stalker were also checked and analysed.

Accordingly, the police registered an FIR under section 354-A and 354-D of the Indian Penal Code. The technical investigation led to the identification of the accused who was working in a juice factory in Bahadurgarh. Consequently, a raid was conducted and the accused was apprehended by the police from Bahadurgarh.

On sustained interrogation, it was revealed that Manoj Kumar had marital issues with his wife due to which he started sending friend requests to random women on social media and would harass them through calling and messaging apps.

"He used to send obscene videos to the victims and go to the extent of calling and messaging them even at inappropriate hours. The accused has admitted to stalking and harassing around 200 women through various social media platforms," Kalsi said. The mobile phone along with two SIM cards used by him for committing the offence have also been seized by the police.

MORE India ARTICLES

India surpasses over 23,000 COVID-19 cases and over 700 dead

India surpasses over 23,000 COVID-19 cases and over 700 dead
In India more than 23,000 people have, or have had, the new coronavirus, central health ministry data showed on Friday. More than 700 of those infected have died -- a dreadful total, but a relatively low number compared to fatalities in other countries facing outbreaks. India is currently under an extended lockdown til May 3rd that was imposed last month to contain the spread of the virus, which is mainly transmitted through respiratory droplets.     

India surpasses over 23,000 COVID-19 cases and over 700 dead

Prominent TV anchor Arnab Goswami and his wife attacked by 2 Congress youth.

Prominent TV anchor Arnab Goswami and his wife attacked by 2 Congress youth.
Two people have been arrested for attacking prominent journalist Arnab Goswami and his wife. A FIR has been registered at the NM Joshi Marg Police station. Goswami in his complaint to the police has alleged that he and his wife were attacked by Youth Congress workers when they were driving back home from the Republic TV Headquarters in Worli.

Prominent TV anchor Arnab Goswami and his wife attacked by 2 Congress youth.

Social media giant Facebook forges an alliance with Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani's Jio

Social media giant Facebook forges an alliance with Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani's Jio
A "major digital transformation" is coming to a one of fastest developing countries in the world. Facebook is committed to "opening commerce opportunities for people across India", founder Mark Zuckerberg said this morning, a day after the social media powerhouse invested $5.7 billion in Reliance Industries Ltd-owned mobile telecom company Reliance Jio.    

Social media giant Facebook forges an alliance with Indian billionaire Mukesh Ambani's Jio

2 sadhus and a car driver killed by a mob in a village in Mumbai

2 sadhus and a car driver killed by a mob in a village in Mumbai
The men accused of killing three men in Palghar have been arrested and are in jail. Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said on he has spoken to Union home minister Amit Shah and assured him that he would look into the case. More than 100 people are in custody. The attack took place at a spot close to Mumbai.          

2 sadhus and a car driver killed by a mob in a village in Mumbai

India's health ministry reports COVID-19 cases surpass 15,000 cases, with 507 deaths reported

Covid-19 death toll has reached 507 deaths in India while confirmed cases surpassed 15,000.  On Sunday 44 new cases of the novel coronavirus were reported in Rajasthan, while in Agra 45 more cases were confirmed. In Lucknow, 43 more people tested positive for the virus.       

India's health ministry reports COVID-19 cases surpass 15,000 cases, with 507 deaths reported

Tablighi Jamaat Shares Links With Terror Outfits

Tablighi Jamaat, the global organisation of Islamic missionaries, which may be the biggest carrier of Covid-19 infection in India, has had a long history of ties with Pakistan-based banned terror outfits like Harkat-ul-Mujahideen.

Tablighi Jamaat Shares Links With Terror Outfits