Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
India

RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Darpan News Desk IANS, 10 Jun, 2025 12:03 PM
  • RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Kolkata, June 10 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday submitted its fourth status report on its investigation of the larger conspiracy behind R.G. Kar rape and murder tragedy at the trial court in Kolkata. 

In the previous status reports, the CBI had named a number of individuals whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials in the matter.

In the first two status reports, the CBI mentioned a total of 36 names, whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials, out of whom 24 were named in the first status report and the remaining 12 were named in the second status report.

The trial court judge on Tuesday directed the CBI to submit the next and the fourth status report on the matter, along with the detailed documents of the recorded statements of these 36 individuals.

The judge also advised the CBI to take the basic matter seriously that an on-duty woman doctor was raped and murdered at her workplace.

Meanwhile, the counsel of the victim’s family members accused the CBI of playing with words in their subsequent status reports. "The contents of the fourth status report submitted today are nothing but copy-pastes of the previous status reports," the counsel argued, and sought that the CBI should conduct custodial interrogations of those who interacted with the victim immediately before the crime.

The body of the victim doctor of state-run R.G. Kar Medical College & Hospital in Kolkata, was recovered from the seminar room within the hospital premises on the morning of August 9 last year.

So far, only one individual, civic volunteer Sanjay Roy, has been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in the case. The victim’s parents had been claiming since the beginning that Roy was not the only culprit behind the macabre crime.

They have also accused the CBI of conducting the probe in a lackadaisical manner since the beginning.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

Over 20 students fall unconscious in Bihar school as gas leaks from Chemistry lab

Over 20 students fall unconscious in Bihar school as gas leaks from Chemistry lab
Over 20 students on Friday fell unconscious at a school in Bihar's Munger district following gas leakage from the Chemistry lab, an official said. The incident happened at Notre-Dame Academy in Munger city.  

Over 20 students fall unconscious in Bihar school as gas leaks from Chemistry lab

Smriti Irani slams Cong for turning down invitation to attend Ram Mandir inauguration

Smriti Irani slams Cong for turning down invitation to attend Ram Mandir inauguration
BJP leader Smriti Irani on Wednesday slammed the Congress for turning down the invitation to attend the Ram Mandir inauguration on January 22. The Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra had invited leaders from various political parties for the inauguration ceremony of Ram Mandir on January 22. The invitation was also send to Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi, Mallikarjun Kharge, and Adir Ranjan Choudhary  

Smriti Irani slams Cong for turning down invitation to attend Ram Mandir inauguration

Parliament security breach: Delhi court to hear accused Neelam Azad's bail plea next week

Parliament security breach: Delhi court to hear accused Neelam Azad's bail plea next week
A Delhi court on Wednesday said that it will hear, on January 16, the bail application moved by Neelam Azad, one of the six accused in the December 13, 2023, Parliament security breach case. Additional Sessions Judge Hardeep Kaur of Patiala House Courts adjourned the matter, citing the unavailability of the investigating officer of the case. On January 2, the court had directed the Delhi Police to file a response to the bail application.

Parliament security breach: Delhi court to hear accused Neelam Azad's bail plea next week

Rajnath calls on Sunak during UK visit, discuss enhancing defence ties

Rajnath calls on Sunak during UK visit, discuss enhancing defence ties
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh called on British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak at 10 Downing Street, London, said officials on Thursday, adding that both discussed enhancing defence ties between the two countries. Sunak fully agreed with Rajnath Singh on the need for UK and India to work in the domains of trade, defence and technology. In particular, he expressed hope that the ongoing Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiations could be brought to a successful conclusion soon. 

Rajnath calls on Sunak during UK visit, discuss enhancing defence ties

PM Modi to inaugurate India's longest sea bridge tomorrow

PM Modi to inaugurate India's longest sea bridge tomorrow
The PM will also inaugurate, dedicate to the nation and lay the foundation stone of multiple development projects worth more than Rs 12,700 crore in the public programme in Navi Mumbai. The Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone of the underground road tunnel connecting Eastern Freeway's Orange Gate to Marine Drive.

PM Modi to inaugurate India's longest sea bridge tomorrow

Sukhbir Badal files defamation suit against Punjab CM

Sukhbir Badal files defamation suit against Punjab CM
Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) President Sukhbir Badal on Thursday filed a defamation suit seeking Rs 1 crore damages from Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann for willful defamation as part of an Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) conspiracy against the Badal family as well as the party. The SAD President filed a civil suit in this regard in the court of the Civil Judge in Muktsar through this advocate and also submitted court fee of Rs 2.29 lakh.

Sukhbir Badal files defamation suit against Punjab CM