Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
India

RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Darpan News Desk IANS, 10 Jun, 2025 12:03 PM
  • RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Kolkata, June 10 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday submitted its fourth status report on its investigation of the larger conspiracy behind R.G. Kar rape and murder tragedy at the trial court in Kolkata. 

In the previous status reports, the CBI had named a number of individuals whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials in the matter.

In the first two status reports, the CBI mentioned a total of 36 names, whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials, out of whom 24 were named in the first status report and the remaining 12 were named in the second status report.

The trial court judge on Tuesday directed the CBI to submit the next and the fourth status report on the matter, along with the detailed documents of the recorded statements of these 36 individuals.

The judge also advised the CBI to take the basic matter seriously that an on-duty woman doctor was raped and murdered at her workplace.

Meanwhile, the counsel of the victim’s family members accused the CBI of playing with words in their subsequent status reports. "The contents of the fourth status report submitted today are nothing but copy-pastes of the previous status reports," the counsel argued, and sought that the CBI should conduct custodial interrogations of those who interacted with the victim immediately before the crime.

The body of the victim doctor of state-run R.G. Kar Medical College & Hospital in Kolkata, was recovered from the seminar room within the hospital premises on the morning of August 9 last year.

So far, only one individual, civic volunteer Sanjay Roy, has been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in the case. The victim’s parents had been claiming since the beginning that Roy was not the only culprit behind the macabre crime.

They have also accused the CBI of conducting the probe in a lackadaisical manner since the beginning.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

Delhi: Man arrested for duping over 900 families of missing persons

Delhi: Man arrested for duping over 900 families of missing persons
A 28-year-old man was arrested for duping over 900 families of the missing persons after downloading information from the ZIPNet (Zonal Integrated Police Network) and other such government websites, a Delhi Police official said on Wednesday. The accused was identified as Shyamsunder Chauhan, a resident of Ranipur Mau, Uttar Pradesh and a Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) graduate from Indore.  

Delhi: Man arrested for duping over 900 families of missing persons

21 cases of new Covid variant JN. 1 reported across country

21 cases of new Covid variant JN. 1 reported across country
The Union Health Ministry on Wednesday said that 21 cases of the new variant JN.1 have been reported from across the country. The source said that 19 cases of the new coronavirus variant has been reported from Goa while one each from Maharashtra and Kerala.  

21 cases of new Covid variant JN. 1 reported across country

IGIA set to unveil India’s first multi-modal interstate transport hub

IGIA set to unveil India’s first multi-modal interstate transport hub
According to officials, the hub will be well-connected with an Interstate Bus Terminus (ISBT), the upcoming phase-four line of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), the proposed Passenger Transport Centre (PTC) and the proposed Rapid Rail Transit System (RRTS) station, including the station for Automated Passenger Mover (APM) near the GMR Aerocity.

IGIA set to unveil India’s first multi-modal interstate transport hub

India, Pakistan abuzz over health status of Dawood; if he was ‘poisoned, critical’

India, Pakistan abuzz over health status of Dawood; if he was ‘poisoned, critical’
The prime cases for which India wants him include the March 12, 1993 Mumbai serial blasts -- ranked the worst-ever terror strike in India -- which claimed 267 people, much higher than the 166 who were killed in the terror attacks of November 26, 2008, that hit the country's commercial capital.

India, Pakistan abuzz over health status of Dawood; if he was ‘poisoned, critical’

Modi’s ‘guarantee vehicle’ is super hit: PM

Modi’s ‘guarantee vehicle’ is super hit: PM
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said that Modi's 'guarantee vehicle' has become a superhit. Addressing an event here, Modi said the vehicle has evoked tremendous response from the people and it has been assured that the country will become developed by 2047.  

Modi’s ‘guarantee vehicle’ is super hit: PM

Punjab gives 4% DA hike to employees, pensioners

Punjab gives 4% DA hike to employees, pensioners
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Monday announced a four per cent hile in dearness allowance (DA) for government employees and pensioners from December 1, thereby enhancing it to 38 per cent. The decision was taken at a meeting of the Chief Minister with employees here.  

Punjab gives 4% DA hike to employees, pensioners