Sunday, May 24, 2026
ADVT 
India

RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Darpan News Desk IANS, 10 Jun, 2025 12:03 PM
  • RG Kar rape & murder case: CBI submits 4th status report to trial court

Kolkata, June 10 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday submitted its fourth status report on its investigation of the larger conspiracy behind R.G. Kar rape and murder tragedy at the trial court in Kolkata. 

In the previous status reports, the CBI had named a number of individuals whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials in the matter.

In the first two status reports, the CBI mentioned a total of 36 names, whose statements were recorded by the investigating officials, out of whom 24 were named in the first status report and the remaining 12 were named in the second status report.

The trial court judge on Tuesday directed the CBI to submit the next and the fourth status report on the matter, along with the detailed documents of the recorded statements of these 36 individuals.

The judge also advised the CBI to take the basic matter seriously that an on-duty woman doctor was raped and murdered at her workplace.

Meanwhile, the counsel of the victim’s family members accused the CBI of playing with words in their subsequent status reports. "The contents of the fourth status report submitted today are nothing but copy-pastes of the previous status reports," the counsel argued, and sought that the CBI should conduct custodial interrogations of those who interacted with the victim immediately before the crime.

The body of the victim doctor of state-run R.G. Kar Medical College & Hospital in Kolkata, was recovered from the seminar room within the hospital premises on the morning of August 9 last year.

So far, only one individual, civic volunteer Sanjay Roy, has been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in the case. The victim’s parents had been claiming since the beginning that Roy was not the only culprit behind the macabre crime.

They have also accused the CBI of conducting the probe in a lackadaisical manner since the beginning.

Picture Courtesy: IANS

MORE India ARTICLES

Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project: 100 km of viaducts, 250 km pier work completed

Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project: 100 km of viaducts, 250 km pier work completed
The National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) said that 100 km of viaducts were ready for the 508 km of the mega Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor project while 250 km of pier work has been completed. The NHSRCL said that on November 25, 2021 first girder was launched while the first km of viaduct was completed on June 30, 2022 in a span of six months.

Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project: 100 km of viaducts, 250 km pier work completed

Delhi Horror: Demon's street dance, firearms, knives dominate juvenile's social media

Delhi Horror: Demon's street dance, firearms, knives dominate juvenile's social media
Social media posts of the juvenile who stabbed a 17-year-old over 70 times during a street robbery here, likely hinted at his inclination towards violence or "thirst for blood". The accused minor shared videos on his social media account, displaying knives, firearms, and footage of himself within court premises portraying a criminal image, possibly fostering a misguided sense of pride.

Delhi Horror: Demon's street dance, firearms, knives dominate juvenile's social media

Man who threatened to blow up Mumbai Airport nabbed from Kerala

Man who threatened to blow up Mumbai Airport nabbed from Kerala
On Thursday, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) received an anonymous email threatening to "blow up Terminal 2 within 48 hours" if the man making the threat was not paid an amount of $1 million in Bitcoin. Following the ultimatum, the Mumbai International Airport Ltd. Lodged a complaint with the Sahar police station which swung into action.  

Man who threatened to blow up Mumbai Airport nabbed from Kerala

Punjab CM assures protesting sugarcane growers of hiking procurement rate

Punjab CM assures protesting sugarcane growers of hiking procurement rate
Facing protests by sugarcane growers, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann on Friday assured that the state government would continue to give them highest rate in the coming times. Interacting with the media after meeting farmer unions here, he said the government has always been on top to provide rates to the sugarcane cultivators and now also this trend will be continued.  

Punjab CM assures protesting sugarcane growers of hiking procurement rate

Punjab Police to guide commuters with real-time traffic updates

Punjab Police to guide commuters with real-time traffic updates
Ahead of the launch of the 'Sadak Surakhya Force' project, the Punjab Police is all set to take help of the MapmyIndia's Mappls app, to guide commuters with real-time traffic updates and safety alerts. The 'Sadak Surakhya Force' is a special police team dedicated towards road safety and effectively chasing criminals.  

Punjab Police to guide commuters with real-time traffic updates

135 rescued from burning high-rise in South Mumbai's Byculla

135 rescued from burning high-rise in South Mumbai's Byculla
At least 135 residents trapped in a burning high-rise in south Mumbai were rescued from different floors in the early hours of Thursday, the BMC Disaster Control said. A massive blaze was reported from a MHADA Building No. 3-C at Ghodapdev in Byculla around 3.30 a.m.

135 rescued from burning high-rise in South Mumbai's Byculla