Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
Interesting

This Is How The White House Played A Christmas Prank On Barack Obama!

IANS, 19 Dec, 2016 02:06 PM
    With just a month to go before US President Barack Obama has to step down, it’s news like these that’s making Twitterverse shed digital tears at the prospect of the ‘people’s president’ no longer being at the White House. 
     
    And if that very memorable picture of the staff as Obama announced the handover to US president-elect Donald Trump wasn’t indication enough, there’s no better way to show the love than with a dash of fun.
     
    So, as the snow set over the Rose Garden, the four snowmen decorations that adorned the White House grounds seemed to have a task at hand – to freak the US President out! The House staff used the snowmen to pull a prank on Obama by quietly shifting those magnificent creatures towards the Oval Office, so that it felt like someone was creepily watching over Obama at all times. 
     
     
     
     
    Now, mind you, this works well because the President had previously told People during an interview that the snowmen decorations freak him out. “There’s a whole kind of Chucky element to them,” he joked. “They’re a little creepy.”
     
     
    The picture had been shared by White House Photographer Pete Souza on his Instagram account. “We’ve been joking that we should move the snowmen a few feet closer to the Oval Office every day to see if anyone noticed,” Souza shared on Instagram.
     
     
     
     

    Another snowman from yesterday. Yes he enjoyed the prank. See previous post for the backstory.

    A photo posted by Pete Souza (@petesouza) on

     
     
     “Then we realized the snowmen were too heavy to easily lift. But finally this morning before the President came to the office, some helpful staff — I won’t say who — moved all the snowmen so each one was peeking through a different window into the Oval.”
     
    He later posted another picture of Obama reacting to the snowmen’s presence; thoroughly enjoying the prank!

    MORE Interesting ARTICLES

    Social Media Has Changed Culinary Scene Globally: Chef Gary Mehigan

    Social Media Has Changed Culinary Scene Globally: Chef Gary Mehigan
    Mehigan was in India to be part of a Knorr masterclass session where IANS spoke to him about his observation of the Indian food sector and global culinary trends.

    Social Media Has Changed Culinary Scene Globally: Chef Gary Mehigan

    Rescuers Scour Rugged Area North Of Vancouver For Missing Aircraft

    Rescuers Scour Rugged Area North Of Vancouver For Missing Aircraft
    Officials with the Victoria Rescue Centre say the single-engine plane was reported overdue at about 7:30 Sunday evening.

    Rescuers Scour Rugged Area North Of Vancouver For Missing Aircraft

    Royal BC Museum spearheads new legacy initiative with BC’s Punjabi community

    Royal BC Museum spearheads new legacy initiative with BC’s Punjabi community
    Royal BC Museum, in partnership with the Centre for Indo Canadian Studies at the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) and through collaboration with regional institutions, is establishing seven community consultations throughout the province to gather feedback from the Punjabi community.

    Royal BC Museum spearheads new legacy initiative with BC’s Punjabi community

    Bhangra Has Become Integral Part Of British Music Industry: DJ Surinder Rattan

    Bhangra Has Become Integral Part Of British Music Industry: DJ Surinder Rattan
    The foot-tapping Bhangra genre of Punjabi music has become a significant part of the music industry in Britain, says Indian DJ Surinder Rattan, based in Manchester.

    Bhangra Has Become Integral Part Of British Music Industry: DJ Surinder Rattan

    Operation Bluestar Anniversary: No Ban On Media, Says Top Sikh Body

    Operation Bluestar Anniversary: No Ban On Media, Says Top Sikh Body
    Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) today dismissed reports of ban on media coverage at the premises of Golden Temple on June 6, the 32nd anniversary of Operation Bluestar.

    Operation Bluestar Anniversary: No Ban On Media, Says Top Sikh Body

    Mistake Is A Mistake, Says Kerala Minister After Muhammad Ali Remark

    Mistake Is A Mistake, Says Kerala Minister After Muhammad Ali Remark
    In a Facebook post, the minister, who was mauled on social media, said "a mistake is a mistake" and hoped the state's enlightened people and sports personalities would understand his folly.

    Mistake Is A Mistake, Says Kerala Minister After Muhammad Ali Remark