Sunday, May 24, 2026
ADVT 
International

IDF destroys over 35 missile storage and launch facilities in Iran

Darpan News Desk IANS, 20 Jun, 2025 02:38 PM
  • IDF destroys over 35 missile storage and launch facilities in Iran

The Israel Defence Force (IDF) has announced that over 35 missile storage and launch facilities in the Tiberias and Kermanshah areas of Iran have been destroyed in attacks conducted by more than 25 Israeli Air Force fighter jets on Friday morning.  

"This morning, the Air Force completed a wave of attacks against military targets of the Iranian regime in areas such as Kermanshah and Tiberias in Iran, with precise intelligence guidance from the Intelligence Branch. As part of the wave of attacks, more than 25 fighter jets attacked more than 35 missile storage and launch facilities in the Tiberias and Kermanshah areas of Iran," the IDF said in a post on X.

The IDF also mentioned that the Israeli Air Force attacked several Iranian missile systems and radar installations in the areas of Isfahan and Tehran, which intended to target its aircraft and disrupt their operations.

“This attack expands the IDF's freedom of aerial action in Iranian skies, following the breakthrough to Tehran. Fighter jets and aircraft of the Air Force continue to operate freely in Iranian skies and attack military targets of the Iranian regime in western and central Iran. The IDF will continue to work to increase freedom of air operations in Iranian skies and to achieve air superiority," said the IDF.

Additionally, the IDF stated that more than 50 Israeli fighter jets attacked selected targets of the nuclear weapons programme and industrial sites for the production of missile components in Tehran overnight.

In another development, the Israeli military stressed that it had recently attacked three missile launchers ready to be launched from Iran into Israeli territory and a military commander who was working to launch them.

Earlier in the day, the IDF announced that it had carried out a series of overnight airstrikes in Tehran, targetting dozens of sites linked to Iran's missile and nuclear weapons programmes. Among the key targets were military industrial facilities used for missile production and the headquarters of Iran's Organisation of Defensive Innovation and Research (SPND).

"More than 60 Air Force fighter jets attacked dozens of military targets in Iran overnight (Thursday) with precise intelligence guidance from the Intelligence Branch using approximately 120 munitions. During the night, several missile manufacturing industrial sites in the Tehran area of Iran were attacked," the IDF said in a post on X.

"These sites were built over years and were the industrial center of gravity of the Iranian Ministry of Defence. Among the sites attacked were military industrial sites for the production of missile components and sites for the production of raw materials used for casting rocket engines," the post added.

The IDF mentioned that as part of the attacks and its activities to damage the Iranian regime's nuclear weapons project, the SPND headquarters building in Tehran was also attacked.

"The SPND headquarters is used to research and develop advanced technologies and weapons for the Iranian regime's military capabilities, which was established in 2011 by Fakhri Zadeh, the founder of the Iranian nuclear weapons programme," said the IDF.

The latest conflict between both nations began last Friday when Netanyahu announced the launch of 'Operation Rising Lion' against Iran, a targetted military operation to roll back the Iranian threat of nuclear weapons to Israel's very survival. This action prompted swift and aggressive retaliation from Tehran, pushing the region closer to the brink of a broader war.

Pictures Courtesy: IANS

MORE International ARTICLES

Berry scare: U.S. eyeing foreign produce imports

Berry scare: U.S. eyeing foreign produce imports
U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer served notice last week that the Trump administration fears domestic producers are being unfairly harmed by what they call a recent increase in berry imports from Canada and Mexico.

Berry scare: U.S. eyeing foreign produce imports

EU regulator starts safety review of coronavirus drug

EU regulator starts safety review of coronavirus drug
In a statement on Friday, the EU regulator said it isn’t clear whether remdesivir was causing the “acute kidney injury,” but that the issue “warrants further investigation.”

EU regulator starts safety review of coronavirus drug

US President Donald Trump and wife Melania Trump test positive for COVID19

US President Donald Trump and wife Melania Trump test positive for COVID19
There was lots of chatter on social media by critics as they pointed out how the President had minimized the threat of the virus, neglected wearing a mask, and had taken risks like holding campaign rallies with little or no physical distancing and few if any masks. During the presidential debate on Tuesday, he mocked former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. for wearing a mask.

US President Donald Trump and wife Melania Trump test positive for COVID19

Timothy Ray Brown, 1st person cured of HIV, dies of cancer

Timothy Ray Brown, 1st person cured of HIV, dies of cancer
Brown’s first transplant in 2007 was only partly successful: His HIV seemed to be gone but his leukemia was not.

Timothy Ray Brown, 1st person cured of HIV, dies of cancer

Trump-Biden 'dumpster fire' casts doubt on debates

Trump-Biden 'dumpster fire' casts doubt on debates
President Donald Trump spent most of the night needling, badgering and talking over both Democratic challenger Joe Biden and moderator Chris Wallace, fuelling a cacophony of interruptions and insults that offered little help to American voters.

Trump-Biden 'dumpster fire' casts doubt on debates

WATCH: Horror in Hathras : Victim Forcefully Cremated by UP Police Despite Protests #JusticeforManisha

WATCH: Horror in Hathras : Victim Forcefully Cremated by UP Police Despite Protests #JusticeforManisha
WATCH: The 19 year old woman 'Manisha Valmiki' passed away after fighting for her life in a New Delhi Hospital. The family has accused police officials of cremating her body without their permission.

WATCH: Horror in Hathras : Victim Forcefully Cremated by UP Police Despite Protests #JusticeforManisha