Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Google Buys Indian-Origin Professor Shwetak Patel's Health Monitoring Start-Up

Google Buys Indian-Origin Professor Shwetak Patel's Health Monitoring Start-Up
Google has acquired Senosis Health, a Seattle-based health monitoring start-up founded by University of Washington Professor Shwetak Patel, the media reported.

Google Buys Indian-Origin Professor Shwetak Patel's Health Monitoring Start-Up

New Report Points To 10 Areas To Help Reverse Overdose Death Toll In B.C.

VANCOUVER — The BC Centre for Disease Control is calling for the expansion of prescription opioids in place of contaminated street drugs as a way to combat the province's overdose death crisis.

New Report Points To 10 Areas To Help Reverse Overdose Death Toll In B.C.

US Names Kashmir's Largest Armed Group Hizbul Mujahideen As 'Terrorist' Group

US Names Kashmir's Largest Armed Group  Hizbul Mujahideen As 'Terrorist' Group
The US decision to declare Hizbul Mujahideen as a terror organisation led by an internationally recognised terrorist is "well deserved and long overdue", the Union Home Ministry said on Thursday.

US Names Kashmir's Largest Armed Group Hizbul Mujahideen As 'Terrorist' Group

Muktsar Man Beaten Up With Baseball Bat In New Zealand, Critical

Muktsar Man Beaten Up With Baseball Bat In New Zealand, Critical
Satpal Singh had been attacked by someone wielding a baseball bat in Takanini on Tuesday night, and investigations were ongoing.

Muktsar Man Beaten Up With Baseball Bat In New Zealand, Critical

Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Van Ploughs Into Crowd, 4 Dead

Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Van Ploughs Into Crowd, 4 Dead
Thirteen people are believed to have been killed and dozens injured after a van in Barcelona ploughed into pedestrians and two men entered a restaurant with guns.

Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Van Ploughs Into Crowd, 4 Dead

SHOCKING! Mom WRAPS BABY IN PLASTIC And COURIERS Her To Orphanage In China

SHOCKING! Mom WRAPS BABY IN PLASTIC And COURIERS Her To Orphanage In China
The woman told the courier man not to open the package but he checked when he heard the baby crying and noticed the parcel moving.

SHOCKING! Mom WRAPS BABY IN PLASTIC And COURIERS Her To Orphanage In China