Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Indian-Origin Pizza Company Director Balwinder Singh Disqualified In UK

Indian-Origin Pizza Company Director Balwinder Singh Disqualified In UK
The Insolvency Service said Balwinder Singh, 58 “unreasonably caused payments of at least £205,000 to the partnership he had a personal interest in”.

Indian-Origin Pizza Company Director Balwinder Singh Disqualified In UK

Indian-Origin Man Anuj Sud Indicted In US Over Bribery Conspiracy

Indian-Origin Man Anuj Sud Indicted In US Over Bribery Conspiracy
Anuj Sud of Maryland was indicted on charges related to the bribery conspiracy, Acting US Attorney for the District of Maryland Stephen Schenning said.

Indian-Origin Man Anuj Sud Indicted In US Over Bribery Conspiracy

Indian American Entrepreneur Rohit Saksena Sentenced For H-1B Visa Fraud

Indian American Entrepreneur Rohit Saksena Sentenced For H-1B Visa Fraud
An Indian American businessman in New Hampshire state has been sentenced to three years of probation and fined $40,000 for filing false visa applications under the H-1B visa programme, federal officials said.

Indian American Entrepreneur Rohit Saksena Sentenced For H-1B Visa Fraud

Indian-Born US Federal Judge Amit Mehta Orders New Searches For Hillary Clinton's Benghazi Emails

Indian-Born US Federal Judge Amit Mehta Orders New Searches For Hillary Clinton's Benghazi Emails
An Indian-born federal judge in the US has ordered the State Department to search more emails which Hillary Clinton sent or received about 2012 Benghazi attack.

Indian-Born US Federal Judge Amit Mehta Orders New Searches For Hillary Clinton's Benghazi Emails

North Korea Posing 'Grave Threat' To World: Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland

North Korea Posing 'Grave Threat' To World: Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland
EDMONTON — Canada's foreign minister says North Korea's nuclear program poses a "grave threat" to the security of the world.

North Korea Posing 'Grave Threat' To World: Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland

Indian Nun Sister Vanaja Jasphine Rescues Cameroonian Sex Slaves From Middle East

Indian Nun Sister Vanaja Jasphine Rescues Cameroonian Sex Slaves From Middle East
A celebrated Indian nun who rescues Cameroonian women from slavery in the Middle East has called for greater support for victims to help them recover from the horrors of being drugged, raped and abused.

Indian Nun Sister Vanaja Jasphine Rescues Cameroonian Sex Slaves From Middle East