Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
International

UK opens second ballot for Young Professional visa scheme for Indians

Darpan News Desk IANS, 25 Jul, 2023 11:42 AM
  • UK opens second ballot for Young Professional visa scheme for Indians

London, July 25 (IANS) The UK government has announced the opening of the second ballot of the Young Professional Scheme for Indian citizens between 18 to 30 years of age.

The ballot, which opened on Monday, will close at 1.30 p.m. on Thursday, the British High Commission announced in a tweet.

The scheme, formally launched this year, allows Indian citizens with a graduate or postgraduate qualification to live and work in the UK for up to two years.

It allows the candidate to enter the UK at any time while their visa is valid, and leave and come back at any time during their stay. T

here are 3,000 places available for the India Young Professionals Scheme visa in 2023.

While most places were given in the first ballot which opened in February, the remaining places will be given in the July ballot.

Successful candidates in the ballot need to apply for their visa by the deadline given in a subsequent invitation to apply, which is usually within a month's period.

Also, they must travel to the UK within six months of applying for their visa.

The application fee charges have been set at 259 pounds and additional costs involved is a 940-pound healthcare surcharge and proof that the applicant has 2,530 pounds in personal savings.

To be eligible for the Young Professionals Scheme visa one must be an Indian national or citizen between 18 and 30 years old and have 2,530 pounds in savings to support themselves in the UK.

Also applicants should not have children under the age of 18 living with them or who they are financially responsible for.

MORE International ARTICLES

US man charged with killing his four children, mother-in-law in shooting

US man charged with killing his four children, mother-in-law in shooting
David is accused of fatally shooting the five victims aged 11, 7, 2, 1 and 51 at the family home on the 3,500 block of Garnet Lane in Lancaster in northern Los Angeles County, according to the news release.

US man charged with killing his four children, mother-in-law in shooting

Blanket travel bans will not prevent int'l spread of Omicron variant: WHO

Blanket travel bans will not prevent int'l spread of Omicron variant: WHO
The Omicron variant was first reported to the WHO by South Africa last week. So far, several countries and regions have confirmed cases of infection with Omicron. Dozens of countries have already tightened travel measures, and even suspended flights, Xinhua news agency reported.

Blanket travel bans will not prevent int'l spread of Omicron variant: WHO

Taliban gunmen checking mobile phones of Kabul residents

Taliban gunmen checking mobile phones of Kabul residents
Residents of Kabul complain that gunmen linked to the Taliban government have lately been checking their mobile phones, thus violating their privacy, Pajhwok News reported. Concerned at the unwarranted checks, they said the practice amounts to trampling on human rights and respect for their privacy.

Taliban gunmen checking mobile phones of Kabul residents

Omicron variant reminds that Covid is far from over: WHO

Omicron variant reminds that Covid is far from over: WHO
Even as the world is entering a third year into the Covid-19 pandemic, the infectious disease that claimed the lives of more than 5 million people so far is far from over, the WHO said on Monday.

Omicron variant reminds that Covid is far from over: WHO

Jack Dorsey quits as Twitter CEO, announces IIT man Parag Agrawal as successor

Jack Dorsey quits as Twitter CEO, announces IIT man Parag Agrawal as successor
Jack Dorsey, the maverick behind making Twitter the world's go-to social platform to rant, laud, troll or play simple catch up, is moving on. Indian-American Parag Agrawal, Twitter @paraga, is the new CEO, with immediate effect, Dorsey announced.

Jack Dorsey quits as Twitter CEO, announces IIT man Parag Agrawal as successor

Stores kick off Black Friday but pandemic woes linger

Stores kick off Black Friday but pandemic woes linger
Retailers are expected to usher in the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season Friday with bigger crowds than last year in a closer step toward normalcy. But the fallout from the pandemic continues to weigh on businesses and shoppers' minds.

Stores kick off Black Friday but pandemic woes linger