Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Canada issues deportation orders, cancels visas for Iranian regime members

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 25 Jun, 2025 12:02 PM
  • Canada issues deportation orders, cancels visas for Iranian regime members

The federal border agency says three people have been found ineligible to remain in Canada in recent years for being senior officials of the Iranian regime.

The Canada Border Services Agency says deportation orders were issued for all three and one has been removed from Canada.

In 2022, Ottawa declared Iran's leaders — including senior government and security agency officials — inadmissible to Canada due to involvement in terrorism and human rights violations.

The border agency says the designation, which was expanded last year, denies any senior official of the regime access to Canada in the first place.

It also allows the agency to take immigration enforcement action against any regime member who came to Canada before or after the designation.

The current hostilities between Israel and Iran have drawn more attention to the possible activities of Iranian regime members in Canada.

Picture Courtesy: THE CANADIAN PRESS/Darryl Dyck

MORE National ARTICLES

Border agency says changes to hours at 35 land crossings coming in January

Border agency says changes to hours at 35 land crossings coming in January
The Canada Border Services Agency says it will be adjusting hours at 35 land ports of entry in January -- a move it says will allow it to deploy officers at busier land crossings. Only one crossing in Alberta will be affected -- the facility at Del Bonita -- where hours will be 9 to 5, seven days a week, beginning January 6.

Border agency says changes to hours at 35 land crossings coming in January

Ottawa seeks project pitches to for new mental health fund aimed at youth

Ottawa seeks project pitches to for new mental health fund aimed at youth
Health and Addictions Minister Ya'ara Saks is looking for pitches to help young Canadians who are struggling with their mental health. The federal government plans to distribute $500 million for projects that help young people struggling to afford private mental health care services.

Ottawa seeks project pitches to for new mental health fund aimed at youth

Prince Harry in Vancouver as Invictus Games school program launches online

Prince Harry in Vancouver as Invictus Games school program launches online
Prince Harry is in Vancouver for the launch of a campaign to raise awareness of the Invictus Games among children and youth, one day after surprising Canadian football fans by appearing at the Grey Cup in the city. The prince visited Vancouver-area elementary and high school students at Seaforth Armoury.

Prince Harry in Vancouver as Invictus Games school program launches online

A list of members of B.C. Premier David Eby's new cabinet

A list of members of B.C. Premier David Eby's new cabinet
There's been a near total shakeup of British Columbia's government cabinet, with few ministers retaining their jobs and some longtime backbenchers and newly elected members moving in. 

A list of members of B.C. Premier David Eby's new cabinet

New and familiar faces on the bus as Eby introduces B.C. NDP cabinet

New and familiar faces on the bus as Eby introduces B.C. NDP cabinet
A bus carrying members of Premier David Eby's new cabinet has arrived at Government House in Victoria, with passengers including both new and familiar faces. Among newly elected members of the NDP caucus on the bus were former broadcaster Randene Neill and Vancouver Police Department veteran Terry Yung, while cabinet veterans including Mike Farnworth, Adrian Dix and Ravi Kahlon, also walked off the bus.

New and familiar faces on the bus as Eby introduces B.C. NDP cabinet

Man police linked to neo-Nazi group pleads not guilty to terrorism charges

Man police linked to neo-Nazi group pleads not guilty to terrorism charges
An Ottawa man is pleading not guilty to charges of terrorism and hate-speech related to the promotion of a far-right group. RCMP charged Patrick Gordon Macdonald in July 2023, alleging he took part in activities of a listed terrorist organization.

Man police linked to neo-Nazi group pleads not guilty to terrorism charges