Sunday, May 24, 2026
ADVT 
National

Changes At Top Of Translink After Metro Vancouver Voters Send Strong Message

The Canadian Press, 14 Jul, 2015 12:41 PM
  • Changes At Top Of Translink After Metro Vancouver Voters Send Strong Message
VANCOUVER — Metro Vancouver's transit authority says two top managers are out and the acting chief executive will be replaced following a failed transit plebiscite.
 
TransLink says Bob Paddon is no longer executive vice-president of planning and that his position has been eliminated.
 
Mike Richard will replace Doug Kelsey as acting president and general manager of B.C. Rapid Transit, which is responsible for SkyTrain's Millennium and Expo Lines, West Coast Express and management of the Canada Line contract.
 
When interim CEO Doug Allen leaves the company on August 10, TransLink CFO Cathy McLay will take on the role until a permanent replacement is hired.
 
TransLink says staffing costs across the company have been significantly reduced since 2011 through downsizing at the management and executive level.
 
Earlier this month, 62 per cent of Metro Vancouver voters said No to a half-per-cent sales tax hike to fund $7.5 billion in transportation upgrades.

MORE National ARTICLES

Funeral Procession Winds Through A Quiet Downtown Edmonton For Slain Officer

Funeral Procession Winds Through A Quiet Downtown Edmonton For Slain Officer
A colourful procession that began at the provincial legislature wound through the downtown core with marchers in dress uniforms of blue, red, green and black.

Funeral Procession Winds Through A Quiet Downtown Edmonton For Slain Officer

'You Truly Think You Can Take It To Your Grave:' Player Recalls Abuse By Former Hockey Coach

CALGARY — Todd Holt says the scars from being sexually abused by former junior hockey coach Graham James will never fade, but every new accuser that comes forward helps lessen the load.

'You Truly Think You Can Take It To Your Grave:' Player Recalls Abuse By Former Hockey Coach

Three Bodies Recovered After Search For Three Fishermen Off Newfoundland

Three Bodies Recovered After Search For Three Fishermen Off Newfoundland
Search and rescue crews have recovered the bodies of three crab fishermen from Placentia Bay in Newfoundland and Labrador.

Three Bodies Recovered After Search For Three Fishermen Off Newfoundland

-lawyers In Court Over Approval Of $430-million Fund For Train Disaster Victims

-lawyers In Court Over Approval Of $430-million Fund For Train Disaster Victims
A lawyer representing the now-defunct railroad involved in the Lac-Megantic train derailment urged a Quebec Superior Court judge to approve what he called a "just and reasonable" settlement fund for victims and creditors.

-lawyers In Court Over Approval Of $430-million Fund For Train Disaster Victims

Canadian Government Websites Taken Down In A Cyberattack

Canadian Government Websites Taken Down In A Cyberattack
Treasury Board President Tony Clement tweets that until full service is restored, the public should use 1-800-OCanada.

Canadian Government Websites Taken Down In A Cyberattack

Transport Minister Says Public Should Have Voice On Changes To Flight Paths

Residents in affected communities will now be included in consultations and deliberations about shifting around flight paths at major Canadian airports.

Transport Minister Says Public Should Have Voice On Changes To Flight Paths