Sunday, May 24, 2026
ADVT 
National

Changes At Top Of Translink After Metro Vancouver Voters Send Strong Message

The Canadian Press, 14 Jul, 2015 12:41 PM
  • Changes At Top Of Translink After Metro Vancouver Voters Send Strong Message
VANCOUVER — Metro Vancouver's transit authority says two top managers are out and the acting chief executive will be replaced following a failed transit plebiscite.
 
TransLink says Bob Paddon is no longer executive vice-president of planning and that his position has been eliminated.
 
Mike Richard will replace Doug Kelsey as acting president and general manager of B.C. Rapid Transit, which is responsible for SkyTrain's Millennium and Expo Lines, West Coast Express and management of the Canada Line contract.
 
When interim CEO Doug Allen leaves the company on August 10, TransLink CFO Cathy McLay will take on the role until a permanent replacement is hired.
 
TransLink says staffing costs across the company have been significantly reduced since 2011 through downsizing at the management and executive level.
 
Earlier this month, 62 per cent of Metro Vancouver voters said No to a half-per-cent sales tax hike to fund $7.5 billion in transportation upgrades.

MORE National ARTICLES

Nova Scotia Liberal Candidate Says He Quit Over Party's Support Of Bill C-51

Nova Scotia Liberal Candidate Says He Quit Over Party's Support Of Bill C-51
ANTIGONISH, N.S. — A former Canadian Forces member who quit as a federal Liberal candidate in Nova Scotia says he did so over the party's support for the government's anti-terrorism bill.

Nova Scotia Liberal Candidate Says He Quit Over Party's Support Of Bill C-51

Despite The Scandal, Mike Duffy's Old Friends Still Show Up For Support

OTTAWA — Eight weeks into the trial of Sen. Mike Duffy and its hours of dry testimony on paperwork and rules, the seats for courtroom guests are rarely full.

Despite The Scandal, Mike Duffy's Old Friends Still Show Up For Support

Ontario Premier Says CSIS Concerns About Cabinet Minister Are Baseless

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne says security agency concerns that one of her cabinet ministers was under the influence of a foreign government are "baseless."

Ontario Premier Says CSIS Concerns About Cabinet Minister Are Baseless

Furlong Lashed Out Against Journalist In Media: Lawyer In B.C. Court

VANCOUVER — Former Vancouver Olympics boss John Furlong's accusations that freelance journalist Laura Robinson fabricated a story over a personal vendetta have ruined her career, says her lawyer.

Furlong Lashed Out Against Journalist In Media: Lawyer In B.C. Court

Justin Trudeau Would End First-past-the-post Electoral System, Make Every Vote Count

OTTAWA — Justin Trudeau wants this fall's national vote to be the last federal election conducted under the first-past-the-post electoral system.

Justin Trudeau Would End First-past-the-post Electoral System, Make Every Vote Count

Goldcorp Selling Stake In Tahoe Resources For Nearly $1 Billion

Goldcorp Selling Stake In Tahoe Resources For Nearly $1 Billion
VANCOUVER — Goldcorp Inc.  (TSX:G) is selling its one-quarter interest in Tahoe Resources Inc. (TSX:THO) for just under $1 billion.

Goldcorp Selling Stake In Tahoe Resources For Nearly $1 Billion