Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Close Call: Saskatoon Man Hit In Face By Axe Flying Through Windshield

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 30 May, 2018 11:44 AM
    SASKATOON — A Saskatoon man says he was cut on the forehead and suffered a concussion after an axe came flying through his truck's windshield.
     
     
    Mackenzie Peddle says he doesn't remember getting hit in the face while he was driving home to Saskatoon from Yorkton, Sask., earlier this month.
     
     
    He says when he came to, the truck's windshield was shattered, there was an axe lying near him and blood was spattered over his face and seats.
     
     
    Peddle says he must have passed out after somehow managing to pull over to the side of Highway 16 near the community of Plunkett.
     
     
    The electrician says his foot was on the brake and the truck was still in gear when a passerby approached.
     
     
    RCMP say they are investigating but have no leads as to where the axe came from.
     
     
    "A lady pulled over and woke me up on the side of the road. I didn't really know what happened or how long I'd been out," Peddle told CKOM Radio. 
     
     
    He credits the sunglasses he was wearing for saving his eye from the axe blade.
     
     
    Peddle said he managed to phone RCMP and take some photos of the damage to his face and truck.
     
     
    An officer arrived and took his own photos, then drove up and down the highway to see if any other debris had fallen off a vehicle.
     
     
    "He went around to the farms and farmhouses, but no one had seen anything," Peddle said.
     
     
    Humboldt RCMP said Tuesday they were looking for the public's help in the investigation.
     
     
    Peddle said it's not the first time something has flown through his windshield while he was driving on the highway.
     
     
    He said about a decade ago, he was driving his car when a long piece of rebar fell off a truck, bounced off the pavement and pierced the windshield on the driver's side — missing him by inches.

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Hillary Clinton Says Dem's Surprise Win In Alabama A 'Turning Point' Against Trump

    Hillary Clinton Says Dem's Surprise Win In Alabama A 'Turning Point' Against Trump
    Hillary Clinton says the Democratic party's surprise win in Alabama during Tuesday's senate race in the United States marks a "turning point" for Americans who are opposed to President Donald Trump.

    Hillary Clinton Says Dem's Surprise Win In Alabama A 'Turning Point' Against Trump

    Toy Makers Turn To Youtube Influencers To Advertise Ahead Of Holidays

    Toy Makers Turn To Youtube Influencers To Advertise Ahead Of Holidays
    Like many kids, Ryan spends his time playing with toys. But, unlike most of his peers, millions of people watch the six-year-old boy open and test toys — a performance that has earned him millions of dollars.

    Toy Makers Turn To Youtube Influencers To Advertise Ahead Of Holidays

    B.C. Man Found Guilty Of Polygamy Believed He Couldn't Be Prosecuted: Lawyer

    CRANBROOK, B.C. — The lawyer for a British Columbia man found guilty of marrying two dozen women says his client believed he could not be prosecuted for polygamy.

    B.C. Man Found Guilty Of Polygamy Believed He Couldn't Be Prosecuted: Lawyer

    Young Indo-Canadian Boxer Eric Basran, 19, Named To 2018 Commonwealth Games

    Young Indo-Canadian Boxer Eric Basran, 19, Named To 2018 Commonwealth Games
    19-year-old Surrey boy Eric Basran has been chosen as one of seven boxers chosen to represent Canada at the upcoming 2018 Commonwealth Games in Australia.

    Young Indo-Canadian Boxer Eric Basran, 19, Named To 2018 Commonwealth Games

    B.C. Adoption Rates 'Disappointing,' Declining This Year, Says Children's Rep

    B.C. Adoption Rates 'Disappointing,' Declining This Year, Says Children's Rep
    VICTORIA — British Columbia's child and youth representative says a government plan to increase adoption rates for young people in care is faltering.

    B.C. Adoption Rates 'Disappointing,' Declining This Year, Says Children's Rep

    Former N.S. Female Firefighter Says She Is To Get Official Apology For Discrimination

    Former N.S. Female Firefighter Says She Is To Get Official Apology For Discrimination
    In an interview Tuesday, Liane Tessier released details of an agreement that she says comes after years of complaints about abusive and disrespectful behaviour from her male counterparts.

    Former N.S. Female Firefighter Says She Is To Get Official Apology For Discrimination