Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Decision On Allan Schoenborn'S Request For Limited Release Not Immediately Due

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 11 Jan, 2019 08:54 PM

    COQUITLAM, B.C. — The lawyer for the man who killed his three children and was found not criminally responsible because of a mental disorder says a BC Review Board will need at least a month to decide the latest request for temporary absences from a psychiatric facility.

     

    Rishi Gill says Allan Schoenborn was before the review board Thursday requesting limited, staff-supported community outings.


    Schoenborn has been held at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital in Coquitlam, B.C., since 2010, after being convicted of killing his 10-year-old daughter and two sons, aged eight and five, in April 2008.


    A B.C. Supreme Court trial heard Schoenborn believed he was saving them from a life of sexual and physical abuse.


    Since then, a B.C. Supreme Court judge has ruled against an application to have Schoenborn declared a dangerous offender.


    In 2015, the review board gave the psychiatric hospital the discretion to grant Schoenborn escorted outings.

     

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Former Surrey, B.C., Mountie Dario Devic Gets House Arrest After Vigilante Sting

    Former Surrey, B.C., Mountie Dario Devic Gets House Arrest After Vigilante Sting
    Dario Devic has been handed a four-month conditional sentence to be served in the community and 12 months of probation.

    Former Surrey, B.C., Mountie Dario Devic Gets House Arrest After Vigilante Sting

    Greens Broker Changes To B.C. Government'S New Speculation Tax, Pledge Support

    Greens Broker Changes To B.C. Government'S New Speculation Tax, Pledge Support
    VICTORIA — British Columbia's minority government moved to change its key housing policy legislation on Thursday in an effort to win the support of the three members of the Green party.

    Greens Broker Changes To B.C. Government'S New Speculation Tax, Pledge Support

    Threatening Letter Prompts Indigenous Family's Move From Edmonton-Area Condo

    ST. ALBERT, Alta. — Police are investigating after an Indigenous family in an Edmonton-area condominium received a letter that appears to suggest harm may come to them if they don't leave the neighbourhood.

    Threatening Letter Prompts Indigenous Family's Move From Edmonton-Area Condo

    Jury Finds Calgary Couple Guilty In 2013 Death Of Toddler Son

    Jury Finds Calgary Couple Guilty In 2013 Death Of Toddler Son
    A jury has convicted a Calgary couple in the death of their 14-month-old son who never saw a doctor until the day before he died in hospital of a staph infection.

    Jury Finds Calgary Couple Guilty In 2013 Death Of Toddler Son

    ArcelorMittal Canada Given Up To $49.9 Million By Ottawa For Plant Modernization

    ArcelorMittal Canada Given Up To $49.9 Million By Ottawa For Plant Modernization
    HAMILTON — ArcelorMittal Canada Inc. is being given up to $49.9 million from a federal fund to help large steel and aluminum producers deal with the impact of U.S. tariffs.

    ArcelorMittal Canada Given Up To $49.9 Million By Ottawa For Plant Modernization

    Majority Of First-Time Buyers Maxed Out Budgets To Buy A Home: CMHC

    Majority Of First-Time Buyers Maxed Out Budgets To Buy A Home: CMHC
    TORONTO — The country's real estate market may be taking a breather, but a new survey suggests the vast majority of recent homebuyers are maxing out their budgets to purchase their first homes.

    Majority Of First-Time Buyers Maxed Out Budgets To Buy A Home: CMHC