Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Horgan cool on vaccine passports within B.C.

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 12 Mar, 2021 10:31 PM
  • Horgan cool on vaccine passports within B.C.

Premier John Horgan says he will support requirements that ensure international travellers produce a type of COVID-19 vaccine passport, but he's not convinced people in British Columbia should provide the same evidence to attend local events.

Horgan says there is an absolute need for international travellers to provide proof that they received a COVID-19 vaccine.

However, he says he's unsure if the same policy should be implemented locally, for things like sports or entertainment events when they resume.

The premier says the issue of vaccine certificates was a topic of discussion between Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and the provincial premiers at their weekly meeting. 

Trudeau also expressed caution about the issue today, saying having to produce such a passport for everyday activities raises questions of equality.

Horgan says B.C. will monitor the situation as the pandemic continues and the prospect of implementing something that gives proof of vaccine hasn't been completely ruled out.

MORE National ARTICLES

Heavy snow misses most of B.C.'s south coast

Heavy snow misses most of B.C.'s south coast
Environment Canada had been calling for as much as 15 centimetres in some south coast regions by Monday morning.

Heavy snow misses most of B.C.'s south coast

BC announces 9 deaths for Friday

BC announces 9 deaths for Friday
There are two new health-care facility outbreaks at Royal Inland Hospital and Royal Columbian Hospital. The outbreak at Queen’s Park Care Centre is now over. 

BC announces 9 deaths for Friday

Ottawa mulls mandatory hotel quarantine: Trudeau

Ottawa mulls mandatory hotel quarantine: Trudeau
The federal government is looking at options that would make it harder for people to return from foreign trips.

Ottawa mulls mandatory hotel quarantine: Trudeau

Ontario recovers $11M in alleged COVID fraud

Ontario recovers $11M in alleged COVID fraud
The unproven civil claim named Sanjay Madan, who had a senior IT role and helped develop the computer application for applying and approving the benefit for families with children.

Ontario recovers $11M in alleged COVID fraud

Shots fired in Langley

Shots fired in Langley
The victim is known to police and has been cooperative with the investigation. The shooting is believed to be targeted and the investigation is ongoing.

Shots fired in Langley

B.C. to release report on COVID-19 response

B.C. to release report on COVID-19 response
Adrian Dix says the Health Ministry commissioned the report by Ernst & Young to learn lessons from the first wave of the pandemic.

B.C. to release report on COVID-19 response