Sunday, May 24, 2026
ADVT 
National

Military dealing with 900 unvaccinated troops

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 14 Jan, 2022 02:05 PM
  • Military dealing with 900 unvaccinated troops

OTTAWA - The Department of National Defence says formal proceedings have been launched against more than 900 members of the Canadian Armed Forces for refusing to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

Chief of the defence staff Gen. Wayne Eyre ordered all military personnel to attest to having been fully vaccinated by mid-October. The deadline was later extended to mid-December.

Defence Department spokesman Daniel Le Bouthillier says reviews had been launched against 100 Armed Forces members by the end of December for repeatedly refusing to get their jabs.

Another 800 had received warnings, orders to attend counselling and other remedial measures, and could also be forced to hang up their uniforms if they would not get the shot.

Le Bouthillier says 44 full-time members of the Armed Forces have volunteered to leave the military rather than get jabbed, along with an unknown number of part-time reservists.

Last month, the Federal Court dismissed a request from several Armed Forces members to stop the military from forcing them to get vaccinated, the latest in a string of legal defeats for federal government employees fighting vaccine requirements.

MORE National ARTICLES

Feds rejecting more migrants' applications: data

Feds rejecting more migrants' applications: data
The rejection rate for permanent residency applications on humanitarian and compassionate grounds has risen sharply over the past couple of years, according to recently released figures.    

Feds rejecting more migrants' applications: data

Specialized rescue team to recover body

Specialized rescue team to recover body
A statement from the RCMP says the body was found late Tuesday night as members of a specialized urban search and rescue crew from Vancouver were able to enter a building beside the construction site.

Specialized rescue team to recover body

Toddler bitten by coyote in Stanley Park

Toddler bitten by coyote in Stanley Park
A two-year-old girl is recovering from bite wounds after she was attacked by a coyote while walking through Stanley Park, in Vancouver.

Toddler bitten by coyote in Stanley Park

Full steam ahead for expanded Richmond Hospital

Full steam ahead for expanded Richmond Hospital
The cost is approximately $860.8 million and will be shared by the provincial government through Vancouver Coastal Health and the Richmond Hospital Foundation.

Full steam ahead for expanded Richmond Hospital

Makeshift COVID hospital to close in Vancouver

Makeshift COVID hospital to close in Vancouver
The makeshift hospital at the Vancouver Convention Centre, which was repurposed with COVID-19 overflow beds, is being shut down without ever taking patients.

Makeshift COVID hospital to close in Vancouver

Burrard Skytrain station in Downtown Vancouver to remain closed for 2 years as of early 2022

Burrard Skytrain station in Downtown Vancouver to remain closed for 2 years as of early 2022
TransLink today announced that it will be proceeding with a major upgrade to Burrard SkyTrain Station beginning in early 2022. The project will take approximately two years to complete and will require the closure of the station to allow the work to be done safely and more efficiently than were it to remain partially open during construction.

Burrard Skytrain station in Downtown Vancouver to remain closed for 2 years as of early 2022