Sunday, May 24, 2026
ADVT 
National

Suspect Arrested After Sucker-Punch Assault Outside Laval Daycare

The Canadian Press, 10 Aug, 2018 01:57 PM
    LAVAL, Que. — Police say they've made an arrest in a sucker-punch attack outside a Montreal-area daycare last month that was captured on surveillance video.
     
     
    In the video, a man is seen running up to the 46-year-old victim and punching him from behind in the face before fleeing on foot.
     
     
    The victim immediately drops to the pavement as a woman exits the daycare to yell at the suspect.
     
     
    A motive for the attack remains unclear and Laval police say the victim is still in hospital after the July 9 attack.
     
     
    Montreal police arrested a 26-year-old man Thursday in a vehicle they say had been reported stolen.
     
     
    Police say the suspect is expected to appear in court later today.

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Two-Thirds Of Current Pot Users Will Switch To Legal Retailers, Survey Suggests

    Two-Thirds Of Current Pot Users Will Switch To Legal Retailers, Survey Suggests
    Canadians who currently use cannabis expect to buy nearly two-thirds of their pot from legal retailers once recreational marijuana becomes legal in Canada, a new survey suggests.

    Two-Thirds Of Current Pot Users Will Switch To Legal Retailers, Survey Suggests

    First Woman To Climb To Summit Of Canada's Highest Mountain Almost Lost Her Life

    First Woman To Climb To Summit Of Canada's Highest Mountain Almost Lost Her Life
    The first woman to climb to the top of Canada's highest mountain in a solo trek says her biggest fear came when she fell into a dangerously deep crevice.

    First Woman To Climb To Summit Of Canada's Highest Mountain Almost Lost Her Life

    Chinese Tourist, 54, Declared Dead After Bus Crash In Eastern Ontario

    Chinese Tourist, 54, Declared Dead After Bus Crash In Eastern Ontario
    A Chinese tourist, who was among 24 people injured when a bus drove off the highway in eastern Ontario on Monday, has died, provincial police said.

    Chinese Tourist, 54, Declared Dead After Bus Crash In Eastern Ontario

    Iceberg With Archway In Centre Draws Onlookers To Eastern Newfoundland Cove

    Iceberg With Archway In Centre Draws Onlookers To Eastern Newfoundland Cove
    The iceberg has a hollow archway carved in the middle and appears to be grounded in the waters just off a Bonavista peninsula community in Upper Amherst Cove.

    Iceberg With Archway In Centre Draws Onlookers To Eastern Newfoundland Cove

    Harjit Sajjan Defends Delay In Completion Of Inquiry Into Military College Suicides

    Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan is speaking up for his department in the face of angry complaints from family members who want to see the results of an internal inquiry into the deaths of three Royal Military College students.

    Harjit Sajjan Defends Delay In Completion Of Inquiry Into Military College Suicides

    Female Pedestrian Struck By Truck In Crosswalk In Surrey

    Female Pedestrian Struck By Truck In Crosswalk In Surrey
    Surrey RCMP is requesting the public’s assistance in a motor vehicle collision that occurred on May 31, 2018 in the Newton area of Surrey.

    Female Pedestrian Struck By Truck In Crosswalk In Surrey