Sunday, May 24, 2026
ADVT 
National

Suspects Identified, Charges Pending After Teens Pepper Sprayed At Port Coquitlam High School

Darpan News Desk, 24 Oct, 2019 06:45 PM

    Several suspects have been identified and charges are likely after a confrontation involving OC spray (pepper spray) at a Port Coquitlam school yesterday.


    The incident happened at 12:45 p.m. on October 22, 2019, in the parking lot of Terry Fox Secondary (1260 Riverwood Gate, Port Coquitlam) and involved numerous young males. During the confrontation, OC spray was deployed towards two males who were inside a car.


    Front line Coquitlam RCMP officers were on scene in moments and stayed at the school throughout the day to make sure that students and staff felt safe, says Corporal Michael McLaughlin with Coquitlam RCMP. Police are satisfied that we have identified all potential suspects who were at the scene. We are examining all the evidence to determine the exact charges that should be laid.


    While the confrontation was occurring in the parking lot, staff at Terry Fox Secondary made the decision to put the school on hold and secure. The hold and secure was lifted about one hour after police arrived and determined that there was minimal ongoing risk. Apart from the OC spray, no injuries were reported during the incident.


    Coquitlam RCMP would like to remind you to call 911 immediately if you see anyone acting suspiciously at or near a school. If you have information about this or any other crimes, call the Coquitlam RCMP non-emergency number at 604-945-1550.

     

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Suspicious Fire In Surrey, B.c., Critically Injures Two Children

    Police Say Surrey House Fire That Badly Injured Two Children ‘Suspicious’

    Suspicious Fire In Surrey, B.c., Critically Injures Two Children

    Ninth Homicide Of The Year: Brampton Man Found Dead Identified As 54-YEAR-OLD AJAY CHIBBER

    The victim, AJAY CHIBBER, a 54 year-old man from Brampton was pronounced dead at the scene.

    Ninth Homicide Of The Year: Brampton Man Found Dead Identified As 54-YEAR-OLD AJAY CHIBBER

    Search Warrant Results in Firearm and Drug Seizure, 23-Yr-Old Sanveer Singh of Mississauga Arrested And Charged

    On July 5, 2019, investigators, with the assistance of the Tactical Unit, executed a Criminal Code search warrant in the area of Central Parkway and Eglinton Avenue, Mississauga. 

    Search Warrant Results in Firearm and Drug Seizure, 23-Yr-Old Sanveer Singh of Mississauga Arrested And Charged

    No Tsunami Or Damage Reported After Multiple Tremors Recorded Off B.C.

    No Tsunami Or Damage Reported After Multiple Tremors Recorded Off B.C.
    VANCOUVER - A series of earthquakes off British Columbia's coast on Friday may be linked to a stronger quake in the same area earlier in the week, experts say.    

    No Tsunami Or Damage Reported After Multiple Tremors Recorded Off B.C.

    Overdose Prevention Opens Where Crisis Grows In Powell River, B.C.

    Authority medical health officer Dr. Geoff McKee says the contaminated drug supply has been devastating for Powell River and they've found many who die of overdoses in B.C. have hidden their drug use, only to die alone.

    Overdose Prevention Opens Where Crisis Grows In Powell River, B.C.

    Quebec Man Faces Charges In Rash Of Underwear Thefts From Clotheslines

    Quebec Man Faces Charges In Rash Of Underwear Thefts From Clotheslines
    Police Say A Quebec Man Who Stole Women's Clothing From Clotheslines Also Left Them A Note With His Contact Details Saying He Was Interested In Buying Their Underwear Or Swimwear.    

    Quebec Man Faces Charges In Rash Of Underwear Thefts From Clotheslines