Friday, May 22, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

Estimated Loss After 'Coolie No. 1' Fire Is Around Rs 2.5cr: Reports

Darpan News Desk IANS, 18 Sep, 2019 09:58 PM

    The estimated loss that the upcoming film "Coolie No. 1" incurred owing to a fire last week is anything between Rs 2 crore and Rs 2.5 crore, according to industry reports.

     

    Although there were no no casualties owing to the incident, as producer Jackky Bhagnani had informed, the film starring Varun Dhawan and Sara Ali Khan did suffer that minor loss.


    However, the loss is said to be covered under the Rs 125-crore insurance that has been taken out by the makers before the film went on floors.


    The fire broke out on September 11 on the set, which is located at Filmistan studio in Goregaon.


    The David Dhawan directorial is the remake of the filmmaker's 1995 hit of the same name, which starred Govinda and Karisma Kapoor.

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Sonu Nigam Turns 46, Works Out For First Time In Life

    On his 46th birthday on Tuesday, singer Sonu Nigam decided to work out, for the first time in life.

    Sonu Nigam Turns 46, Works Out For First Time In Life

    Sacred Games 2 Teaser: Ganesh Gaitonde Finds His Match In Jojo

    Bollywood star Saif Ali Khan is all set to return in the digital space with the second season of the Netflix show "Sacred Games". 

    Sacred Games 2 Teaser: Ganesh Gaitonde Finds His Match In Jojo

    Suniel Shetty On His Pehlwaan Look: It's About Going Back To The Masses And The Sport Of Masses

    Actor Suniel Shetty returns to the big screen with "Pehlwaan", and says he loves his look in the Kannada action-drama.

    Suniel Shetty On His Pehlwaan Look: It's About Going Back To The Masses And The Sport Of Masses

    Udit Narayan Files Police Complaint Alleging Death Threats

    Bollywood playback singer Udit Narayan filed a complaint at the Amboli police station after receiving death threat calls.

    Udit Narayan Files Police Complaint Alleging Death Threats

    Hubby Anand The Best Thing To Happen To Me: Sonam Kapoor

    Hubby Anand The Best Thing To Happen To Me: Sonam Kapoor
    As her husband and businessman Anand Ahuja turned a year older on Tuesday, actress Sonam Kapoor penned a post for him, calling him the "kindest and noblest" person.

    Hubby Anand The Best Thing To Happen To Me: Sonam Kapoor

    Govinda Says He Suggested Avatar’s Title To James Cameron, Refused A Role In The Film As He Didn’t Want To Be In Body Paint

    Actor Govinda has claimed that James Cameron offered him a lead role in his blockbuster film, "Avatar". The actor also claimed it he who suggested the film's title to Cameron.

    Govinda Says He Suggested Avatar’s Title To James Cameron, Refused A Role In The Film As He Didn’t Want To Be In Body Paint