Sunday, February 15, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Kangana Ranaut Gears Up For Cannes 2019 Red Carpet

    Kangana Ranaut Gears Up For Cannes 2019 Red Carpet
    Actress Kangana Ranaut will walk the red carpet of the upcoming 72nd Cannes Film Festival and she is looking forward to the experience as part of a brand association.

    Kangana Ranaut Gears Up For Cannes 2019 Red Carpet

    Tabu On Silences, Star Image And Not Getting Tired Of Acting

    Tabu On Silences, Star Image And Not Getting Tired Of Acting
    Tabu isn't fond of voicing her opinions; she says she is a photograph person. Her personality wonderfully reflects even in her career: she has always let her cinema do the talking.    

    Tabu On Silences, Star Image And Not Getting Tired Of Acting

    When Sanam Puri Met Fan Ananya Panday

    Sanam Puri, lead vocalist of popular band SANAM, says he met his "fan" Ananya Panday while recording for a song from her debut film 'Student Of the Year 2', and has urged people to support her.

    When Sanam Puri Met Fan Ananya Panday

    Get Ready For Avatar 2

    Get Ready For Avatar 2
    The highest grossing movies of all time worldwide, Avatar will finally have its much-awaited sequel to release globally on December 17, 2021.

    Get Ready For Avatar 2

    Kareena Kapoor Khan Makes Pledge For Mother's Day

    Ahead of Mother's Day on May 12, actress Kareena Kapoor Khan, a mother to a boy, pledged to save the life of every newborn by creating awareness on child healthcare and immunisation here on Friday.

    Kareena Kapoor Khan Makes Pledge For Mother's Day

    No Secret Wedding For Alia And Ranbir

    No Secret Wedding For Alia And Ranbir
    Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor’s wedding rumours have been going around for quite a time now. Both Alia and her mother Soni Razdan have on several occasions emphasised that there are no plans for a wedding as of now, yet rumours have continued. 

    No Secret Wedding For Alia And Ranbir