Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    'If Alia Or Shaheen Bhatt Are Suffering, I Get Affected Badly,' Says Mom Soni Razdan

    After Shaheen Bhatt recently opened up about her battle with depression, her mother and veteran actress Soni Razdan says she was always worried about her elder daughter and tried to be her pillar of strength.

    'If Alia Or Shaheen Bhatt Are Suffering, I Get Affected Badly,' Says Mom Soni Razdan

    Farah Having Fun Working On Rohit Shetty's Film

    Farah Having Fun Working On Rohit Shetty's Film
    Choreographer-filmmaker Farah Khan says she is having fun working on her upcoming film, which is produced by Rohit Shetty.  

    Farah Having Fun Working On Rohit Shetty's Film

    Rakul Feels She Has A Long Way To Go In Bollywood

    Actress Rakul Preet says she hasn't made a name for herself in Bollywood, and still has a long way to go.  

    Rakul Feels She Has A Long Way To Go In Bollywood

    Karan Oberoi Rape Case: Pooja Bedi Urges To Use Law Responsibly

    Amid of the allegation of rape and extortion against the television actor Karan Oberoi, one of his best friends Pooja Bedi along with the band members of his music band 'Band Of Boys' urges on

    Karan Oberoi Rape Case: Pooja Bedi Urges To Use Law Responsibly

    'Super 30' Makers To Stick To July 26 Release Date

    'Super 30' Makers To Stick To July 26 Release Date
    Hrithik Roshan-starrer "Super 30" will hit the screens as scheduled on July 26, the makers have confirmed amidst hullabaloo that its release date may be changed due to a clash with Kangana Ranaut's "Mental Hai Kya".

    'Super 30' Makers To Stick To July 26 Release Date

    Varun Dhawan Excited About 'Coolie No. 1' Remake

    Actor Varun Dhawan is "uncontrollably excited" about the remake of "Coolie No. 1", and says it is his new challenge.

    Varun Dhawan Excited About 'Coolie No. 1' Remake