Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Trolls Advise Voters To ‘Use Finger Wisely, Not Like Swara Bhasker’, Actor Hits Back

    Swara Bhaskar is a favourite of internet trolls, primarily because of her outspoken views.    

    Trolls Advise Voters To ‘Use Finger Wisely, Not Like Swara Bhasker’, Actor Hits Back

    Tiger Shroff Describes Film With Hrithik Roshan: 'Ethan Hunt Vs James Bond'

    Tiger Shroff Describes Film With Hrithik Roshan: 'Ethan Hunt Vs James Bond'
    "The idea is to get Tom Cruise's Ethan Hunt of Mission Impossible vs James Bond, together in the same film. That's the idea," said Tiger Shroff

    Tiger Shroff Describes Film With Hrithik Roshan: 'Ethan Hunt Vs James Bond'

    Pay Rs 10 Lakh Each, Get FIR Quashed: Hc To Vishal Dadlani, Tehseen Poonawala

    Pay Rs 10 Lakh Each, Get FIR Quashed: Hc To Vishal Dadlani, Tehseen Poonawala
    Allowing the FIR to be quashed, Justice Arvind Singh Sangwan said that both will have to pay the costs of Rs 10 lakh first.

    Pay Rs 10 Lakh Each, Get FIR Quashed: Hc To Vishal Dadlani, Tehseen Poonawala

    'Apna Time Aa Gaya': Badshah Buys Shiny New Rolls-Royce Wraith, Welcomes Beast to the Family

    Rapper Badshah has welcomed a white Rolls Royce Wraith into his family, and in true blue "Gully Boy" style, he said, "Apna time aa gaya".

    'Apna Time Aa Gaya': Badshah Buys Shiny New Rolls-Royce Wraith, Welcomes Beast to the Family

    Until 'SOTY 2', It's 'Avengers: Endgame' All The Way

    "Now we have no choice but to compete with Hollywood. Be more internationally competitive. Songs/dances will get us just so far. Need to go beyond."

    Until 'SOTY 2', It's 'Avengers: Endgame' All The Way

    Priyanka Chopra Wishes Mother Madhu For New Venture

    Priyanka Chopra Wishes Mother Madhu For New Venture
    Actress Priyanka Chopra Jonas has wished her mother Madhu Chopra for her new venture Studio Aesthetique, an enhancement clinic.

    Priyanka Chopra Wishes Mother Madhu For New Venture