Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Rahul Dev's Father Passes Away At 91

    Rahul Dev's Father Passes Away At 91
    Television actor Rahul Dev's father is dead. He was 91.

    Rahul Dev's Father Passes Away At 91

    Satish Kaushik Locks Script Of 'Tere Naam' Sequel

    Veteran actor-filmmaker Satish Kaushik says he will be making a sequel to the 2003 Salman Khan-starrer "Tere Naam". The upcoming film will revolve around a gangster and will be set in north India.  

    Satish Kaushik Locks Script Of 'Tere Naam' Sequel

    PICS: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan Give Vacay Goals With Maldives Trip

    Bollywood couple Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan are setting vacation goals by sharing moments of their holiday in the Maldives with their daughter Aaradhya.

    PICS: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan Give Vacay Goals With Maldives Trip

    Taimur Is Just A Child And Not A Star, Please Don’t Stalk Him: Saif Ali Khan

    Taimur Is Just A Child And Not A Star, Please Don’t Stalk Him: Saif Ali Khan
    Protective father Saif Ali Khan, discernibly disturbed by the constant attention given to his 2-year-old son Taimur, says the child needs to left alone by the paparazzi.

    Taimur Is Just A Child And Not A Star, Please Don’t Stalk Him: Saif Ali Khan

    I Like South Indian Films: Diljit Dosanjh

    I Like South Indian Films: Diljit Dosanjh
    Diljit Dosanjh is proud of his roots in Punjab, but the singer-actor is ready to explore the south Indian film industry as well.  

    I Like South Indian Films: Diljit Dosanjh

    Sonakshi Sinha Should Stop Singing: Jassi Gill

    Sonakshi Sinha Should Stop Singing: Jassi Gill
    Punjabi singer-actor Jassi Gill says his "Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi" co-star Sonakshi Sinha should stop singing.

    Sonakshi Sinha Should Stop Singing: Jassi Gill