Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Anupam, SRK Bond On Twitter Over DDLJ

    Anupam, SRK Bond On Twitter Over DDLJ
    Veteran actor Anupam Kher and superstar Shah Rukh Khan's jest over growing up on social media on Thursday reminded of the "cool" father-son relationship the two shared in the 1995 film "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge".

    Anupam, SRK Bond On Twitter Over DDLJ

    Deepika, Ranveer Make Perfect Couple At Wedding

    In one of the several viral unseen images, Deepika can be seen giving a bridesmaid speech on the occasion. She looks gorgeous in a black dress with her hair tied in a neat bun, and her look is completed with smokey eyes.

    Deepika, Ranveer Make Perfect Couple At Wedding

    Actress Poonam Kaur Seeks Action Against YouTube Channels

    Actress Poonam Kaur on Wednesday lodged a police complaint against 36 YouTube channels for allegedly posting objectionable content defaming her.

    Actress Poonam Kaur Seeks Action Against YouTube Channels

    Patralekhaa Makes Me Proud, Says Rajkummar Rao

    National Award winning actor Rajkummar Rao has praised his girlfriend and actress Patralekhaa. He says the "Citylight" actress makes him proud.

    Patralekhaa Makes Me Proud, Says Rajkummar Rao

    I'm Not Scared Of Failure: Varun Dhawan

    I'm Not Scared Of Failure: Varun Dhawan
    "I am not scared of failure, but each movie is a challenge. I work harder with each project and try and improve my work constantly," Varun told IANS over an email.

    I'm Not Scared Of Failure: Varun Dhawan

    'Kalank' Gets Rs 21 Crore Opener, Highest Of 2019

    Trade expert Taran Adarsh listed how it surpassed the numbers of other films of 2019.

    'Kalank' Gets Rs 21 Crore Opener, Highest Of 2019