Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Happy Birthday Alia Bhatt: Mahesh Bhatt, Soni Razdan Share Childhood Pictures

    Alia Bhatt turned 26 on Friday, and she celebrated it with her favourite people.

    Happy Birthday Alia Bhatt: Mahesh Bhatt, Soni Razdan Share Childhood Pictures

    Parineeti Chopra Replaces Shraddha Kapoor In Saina Nehwal Biopic

    Actress Parineeti Chopra, who has replaced Shraddha Kapoor in the Saina Nehwal biopic, is grateful about taking on the role.

    Parineeti Chopra Replaces Shraddha Kapoor In Saina Nehwal Biopic

    Alia Gets 'Great' Birthday Gift From Her Mother

    Alia Gets 'Great' Birthday Gift From Her Mother
    Actress Alia Bhatt, who brought in her 26th birthday on Friday with her close friends and actor Ranbir Kapoor, was ecstatic about launching the teaser of her mother Soni Razdan's "No Fathers In Kashmir".

    Alia Gets 'Great' Birthday Gift From Her Mother

    Priyanka Chopra Is Excited Over Women In The World Summit

    Priyanka Chopra Is Excited Over Women In The World Summit
    Priyanka Chopra is looking forward to engaging in interesting conversations at the 2019 Women in the World Summit, which will also be attended by Brie Larson and Ashley Judd.

    Priyanka Chopra Is Excited Over Women In The World Summit

    Shilpa Shetty Says That 'If It Weren't For Rejections,' She 'Wouldn't Have Lasted Long' In The Industry

    Shilpa Shetty Says That 'If It Weren't For Rejections,' She 'Wouldn't Have Lasted Long' In The Industry
    "I always felt I am doing the right work. I am hard working. I hide under sofa when I see my old films. Back then in films I had blonde hair, used to wear blue lenses and red lipstick. I wonder how I got opportunities.

    Shilpa Shetty Says That 'If It Weren't For Rejections,' She 'Wouldn't Have Lasted Long' In The Industry

    Shah Rukh Khan 'Shaken Up' After Zero Failure, Says Writer Of Rakesh Sharma Biopic

    Shah Rukh Khan 'Shaken Up' After Zero Failure, Says Writer Of Rakesh Sharma Biopic
    Shah Rukh Khan quit the biopic on Rakesh Sharma after Zero, partially about a space expedition, failed at the box office

    Shah Rukh Khan 'Shaken Up' After Zero Failure, Says Writer Of Rakesh Sharma Biopic