Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Arjun Kapoor FINALLY Breaks Silence On His Rumoured Wedding With Malaika Arora - Read Statement

    Stardom costs a celebrity their privacy but it's a very small price to pay, says actor Arjun Kapoor, who has been dogged by wedding rumours.    

    Arjun Kapoor FINALLY Breaks Silence On His Rumoured Wedding With Malaika Arora - Read Statement

    Alia, Ajay To Make Telugu Debut With 'RRR'

    Rajamouli said that "RRR", which is being made on a lavish scale, will be a fictional story based on two real-life heroes and freedom fighters - Alluri Seetharama Raju and Komaram Bheem.    

    Alia, Ajay To Make Telugu Debut With 'RRR'

    Kangana Ranaut Never Told Me She Is Upset: Aamir Khan

    Kangana Ranaut Never Told Me She Is Upset: Aamir Khan
    Superstar Aamir Khan on Thursday said he was not aware of Kangana Ranaut being upset with him for not supporting her film "Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi".

    Kangana Ranaut Never Told Me She Is Upset: Aamir Khan

    Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt’s Love Is Brahmastra’s Guiding Light, Says Ayan Mukerji As He Shares A New Photo

    Ever since Ayan Mukerji has joined the Instagram family he has been revealing fascinating details about his upcoming fantasy film ‘Brahmastra’.

    Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt’s Love Is Brahmastra’s Guiding Light, Says Ayan Mukerji As He Shares A New Photo

    On His 54Th Birthday, Aamir Khan Announced His Next Project 'Forrest Gump'

    Superstar Aamir Khan on Thursday announced that his next project is an official adaptation of Tom Hanks' classic "Forrest Gump".

    On His 54Th Birthday, Aamir Khan Announced His Next Project 'Forrest Gump'

    Narendra Modi Biopic: Anand Pandit Huge Honour To Produce The Film

    Producer Anand Pandit says it's a huge honour to produce "PM Narendra Modi", which is also backed by Sandeep Ssingh.    

    Narendra Modi Biopic: Anand Pandit Huge Honour To Produce The Film