Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
Hollywood

Digital Platform Would've Magnified 'Hum Aapke Hai Koun' Reach, Says Madhuri Dixit

Darpan News Desk IANS, 09 Nov, 2018 06:06 PM
  • Digital Platform Would've Magnified 'Hum Aapke Hai Koun' Reach, Says Madhuri Dixit
Actress Madhuri Dixit Nene says if her 1992 film "Hum Aapke Hai Koun" released two decades later on the digital giant Netflix, it would have have been watched by even more people.
 
 
Madhuri was here for Netflix's "See What's Next: Asia". 
 
 
The actress is making her debut on Netflix with her Marathi production titled "15th August", which is set in a chawl and is a satire about the struggles of middle class India.
 
 
Asked what if "Hum Aapke Hain Koun...!" would have premiered 20 years later on Netflix?
 
 
"There are two magical things in the world. One is theatre or cinema and the internet. Netflix is a great marriage between these two. If we had the infrastructure that we do today, 20 years ago then it would have been great because even though 'Hum Aapke Hai Koun...! 'was very well received despite not having Netflix and everything it would have magnified," Madhuri said.
 
 
She said releasing it on a digital platform would have taken the family entertainer, which was very well received at the Indian box office, to another level.
 
 
"190 countries and different languages with subtitles... I think it would have been watched by even more people than it reached out to," she added.
 
 
The 51-year-old Bollywood actress said films releasing on the digital platform help in reaching out to a larger audience.
 
 
"When you make films, you want maximum number of people to see... In India there are 5000 screens theatres, in China it's 9000 theatres and in Netflix more than a 100 million screens.
 
 
"So you are reaching out to that many people and that's what you want to do. You want to magnify it and take it to as many different people as possible," she added.
 
 
Apart from announcing Madhuri's production venture on the streaming giant, Netflix officials also announced eight more films releasing on the portal. It includes "Firebrand" produced by Priyanka Chopra and mother Madhu Chopra, Leena Yadav's "Rajma Chawal" and "Chopsticks" starring Abhay Deol and Mithila Palkar among others.

MORE Hollywood ARTICLES

Miley Cyrus Dedicates Song To Ariana Grande

Singer Miley Cyrus dedicated her performance on TV show "The Voice" to singer Ariana Grande and the victims of the suspected terrorist attack after Grandes gig at Manchester Arena.

Miley Cyrus Dedicates Song To Ariana Grande

Kim Kardashian’s Tribute To Manchester Attack Victims Tagged 'Insensitive'

Reality TV personality Kim Kardashian courted backlash from social media users for an "insensitive" tribute to the victims of the explosion at singer Ariana Grande's Manchester concert.

Kim Kardashian’s Tribute To Manchester Attack Victims Tagged 'Insensitive'

Tom Cruise Confirms 'Top Gun' Sequel

Actor Tom Cruise has confirmed that a sequel to the 1986 classic "Top Gun" is "definitely happening".

Tom Cruise Confirms 'Top Gun' Sequel

Katy Perry Is Ready To Make Amends With Taylor Swift: 'We Need To Be Unified'

Singer Katy Perry, who has been embroiled in a feud with singer Taylor Swift since a long time now, says the latter should finish the fight as she started it.

Katy Perry Is Ready To Make Amends With Taylor Swift: 'We Need To Be Unified'

Colin Firth 'Applies For Italian Citizenship' After Being Left Horrified By Brexit

Colin Firth 'Applies For Italian Citizenship' After Being Left Horrified By Brexit
Veteran actor Colin Firth has applied to the Italian embassy here for citizenship following United Kingdom's decision last year to leave the European Union.

Colin Firth 'Applies For Italian Citizenship' After Being Left Horrified By Brexit

Rapper Drake Says He Had 'Real Fear' Of Attacks During European Tour

Attacks such as the deadly bombing that killed 22 people at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England were a "real fear" that was "discussed frequently" while touring in Europe, Canadian rap star Drake said Tuesday.

Rapper Drake Says He Had 'Real Fear' Of Attacks During European Tour