North Surrey Secondary School26 Aug '17 @ 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Event organizers, Rob & Tanya Gill, have made it their mission to create an annual event in memory of their late son Azaan Singh Gill who passed away from SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome). Their hope is to create awareness for SIDS and raise funds for the pathology research clinic at BC Children’s Hospital Foundation to help find a cure.
Join hundreds of walkers and supporters to collectively bring awareness to this very important cause. There currently isn’t a cure for SIDS and evidence is unknown as to why children suddenly die. Therefore, it is imperative to fund research being conducted at BC Children’s Hospital while bringing together families and caregivers who have been affected or are involved with SIDS.
- Walk for one hour on the track
- Register as an individual walker or as a team (registration information will be available soon)
- Be creative – dress up in a costume or in your finest fitness gear!
- Enjoy activities and games – for the whole family
- Buy tickets for a chance to win a raffle draw prize
- Dance to the tunes of the on-site DJ
- Meet Sunny Bear – BC Children’s Hospital mascot (and take lots of photos)
- Visit the food trucks for a bite to eat or drink after the walk
Date: Saturday, August 26, 2017
Location: North Surrey Secondary School at the track (15945 96 Ave, Surrey, BC)
Time: Event opens at 10:30am, program and walk begins at 11:00am
Who: Steps for SIDS is open to the public and is intended for all ages. Participants are encouraged to register before or at the event and fundraise or make a donation.
Featured restaurants and chefs include AnnaLena Restaurant, BETA5 Chocolates, Chambar Restaurant, Chef Josh Gale of Juniper Kitchen + Bar, Chef Juno Kim of Juno Kim Catering Designs, Chef Mike Robbins and Chef Tia Kambas.