B.C.’s biggest tech event returns with thought leaders, game-changing tech
Vancouver Convention Centre14 Mar '17 to 15 Mar '17 @ 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Technology is transforming key industries in B.C. and around the globe at an unprecedented pace.
From natural resources and agriculture to health and digital media, the second #BCTECH Summit returns with Microsoft as title sponsor, and will explore how tech is impacting every part of B.C.'s economy and changing lives.
Presented by the Province and the BC Innovation Council, B.C.’s largest tech event will arm attendees with the tools to propel their companies to the next level, establish valuable business connections and inspire students to pursue careers in technology. From innovations in precision health, autonomous vehicles and customer experience, to emerging ideas in cleantech, agritech and aerospace, the #BCTECH Summit will showcase high-tech solutions to important local and global challenges.
New to the summit this year is the Future Realities Room, presented by Microsoft. It will be a dedicated space for B.C. companies to showcase their innovative augmented reality, virtual reality and mixed reality applications. From artificial intelligence to the internet-of-things, emerging technologies are disrupting industries and reshaping the path for future generations.
What attendees can expect at #BCTECH Summit 2017:
• Keynotes from thought leaders including Shahrzad Rafati of BroadbandTV, Ben Parr, author of Captivology, Microsoft and IBM.
• Sector-specific deep dives from experts exploring the innovations transforming their industries and every part of B.C's economy.
• Opportunities to connect with tech buyers, scouts and investors through B2B meetings and the Investment Showcase.
• Expanded Marketplace, Technology Showcase including Startup Square and Research Runway, and the Future Realities Room presented by Microsoft.
• Youth Innovation Day to expose grades 10-12 students to diverse career paths in the technology sector.
• Evening networking receptions and Techfest by Techvibes, a recruiting event that connects hiring companies with tech talent.
The two-day event is attracting regional, national and international attendees seeking solutions for their business, investment opportunities and talent in the province. The summit builds on the success of the inaugural summit this past January, which attracted global attention and exceeded its goal of 1,000 attendees with more than 3,500 people in attendance.
The #BCTECH Summit is taking place March 14-15, 2017, at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Early bird tickets are on sale until Dec. 20, 2016. For more information or to purchase tickets visit: bctechsummit.ca
Robert N. Thompson Building, 7600 Glover Rd | 22/11/2016 - 03/12/2016
The show, called disPLACE: Refugee Stories in Their Own Words, tells the true stories of people who courageously shared their experiences with the artists – from Mennonite immigrants who fled Europe after World War II, to recently arrived Syrian refugees.