Mashed Cauliflower with spices
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups white potato, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsps ginger, chopped
- Rock salt
- 2 tbsps ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 whole green chillies, with a slit
- A pinch of turmeric
- Take cauliflower florets, potatoes, chopped ginger and green chillies in a pot with two to three cups of water. Place on medium-high heat and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and let cook until fork is tender.
- Stir with a ladle and mash the cauliflower and potatoes while stirring until you reach a mushy texture. Reduce heat to low, and let the separated moisture evaporate. If the mixture of cauliflower and potatoes is dry, add warm water as desired. Keep warm.
- Take ghee in a pan on low heat, add cumin seeds and stir until it gives out a pleasant fragrance. Add chopped ginger and stir for few seconds. Then add green chillies and stir for few seconds. Remove from heat.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to the tempering garlic and chilli mixture. Stir quickly for a second and pour into the mushy cauliflower and potatoes. Mix once. Serve in a serving dish with green chilies on top.