Aloo Matar Tikki
- 1 cup green peas
- 3 potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing (Asafoetida)
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp chat masala
- Salt to taste
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsps bread crumbs
- 3 tbsps corn flour
- Oil for cooking
- Green chutney for serving
- Refresh the green peas and crush them in a mixer. Keep it aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a kadai; add chopped ginger, cumin seeds, hing and green chili chopped, mix well and sauté for one minute.
- Add crushed green peas, mix well and sauté for 30 seconds. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, chat masala and salt, mix well and sauté for one minute.
- Remove in bowl, add lemon juice and chopped coriander and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Take boiled potatoes in a bowl and mash well. Add bread crumbs, corn flour and mix well. Add salt and mix well.
- Take a plate and dust some corn flour on it. Divide the potato mixture into equal portions.
- Make a cavity in the center of each potato mixture portion, put one portion of green peas stuffing in the center, bring the potato mixture together, seal and shape into tikki. Dust with corn flour and keep it in plate.
- Heat some oil in another non-stick pan. Place tikki and shallow-fry from both sides till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper. Sprinkle some red chilli powder and chat masala on top.
- Place the tikki on serving plate, garnish with coriander leaves and lemon wedge and serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney.