Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

Priyadarshan to make Bollywood return soon

Darpan News Desk IANS, 19 Feb, 2015 12:27 PM
  • Priyadarshan to make Bollywood return soon
Ace director Priyadarshan is all set to make his Bollywood return after a gap of two years.
 
The 58-year-old veteran opened his mind and spoke about what he intends to do from now on in a chat with IANS.
 
"I have lined up two projects in Bollywood ... one is with Akshay Kumar and the second one is for Arjun Kapoor," he said.
 
"Again this year, I have one film in Malayalam and it will be with Mohanlal," added the director, who was in the state capital to announce the launch of Janam TV, the latest Malayalam TV channel that will go on air April 19, in which he is the chairman.
 
The last film that he did in Bollywood was "Rangrezz" released in 2013.
 
Since then, he was often been in the state capital as he was also the chairman of the state-run Kerala Chalachitra Academy, a post that he laid down after his tenure ended last year.
 
Sharing the reason for staying away from Bollywood for so long, he said: "Yes, then came things in my personal life as my wife Lissy has filed a divorce case. All in all, I was disturbed. Moreover, my stars also were not that favourable."
 
"Now, I think, there has been a change in that and hence I decided to get back to full-time work," said the ace director. 
 
In a career that began in 1978, he has by now done 88 films in various South Indian languages and also in Bollywood. 
 
"I have now finalised a script for my Mohanlal film which will go on the floors shortly. Then I realised that this can be used for my next Bollywood project with Kumar. So if everything is fine, both these projects would be done side by side," said Priyadarshan.
 
He said the second project that he has in mind is in its infancy and would be a good one with Kapoor. 
 
"So 2015 is going to be a hectic one for me and I am ready to get back to what I know best and Janam TV will also take a bit of my time," said the veteran director.

MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

Rahman to work with Brazilian singer Anna Beatriz

Rahman to work with Brazilian singer Anna Beatriz
After collaborating with multiple names from the international world, Oscar-winning Indian composer A.R. Rahman has joined hands with Brazilian singer-songwriter ...

Rahman to work with Brazilian singer Anna Beatriz

Shakun Batra now 'safe' in Srinagar, lauds army

Shakun Batra now 'safe' in Srinagar, lauds army
Bollywood director Shakun Batra, who was reportedly stuck in the Jammu and Kashmir floods, Thursday said he's now safe. He says the army is making "stupendous"...

Shakun Batra now 'safe' in Srinagar, lauds army

Now, Sonali Bendre enters fiction space on TV

Now, Sonali Bendre enters fiction space on TV
After hosting reality shows, gorgeous actress Sonali Bendre makes her debut in fiction space on the small screen with forthcoming show “Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh”....

Now, Sonali Bendre enters fiction space on TV

Shoot of '24' season two to start soon

Shoot of '24' season two to start soon
It’s time for Anil Kapoor’s TV show "24" to return! Actor-producer Anil Kapoor, who was busy with his film commitments, will start shooting for its second season from October, according to a source....

Shoot of '24' season two to start soon

Sanjay Gupta to work with Anupam Kher after 19 years

Sanjay Gupta to work with Anupam Kher after 19 years
Director Sanjay Gupta and prolific actor Anupam Kher are all set to work together after 19 years....

Sanjay Gupta to work with Anupam Kher after 19 years

Plea seeking ban on 'Finding Fanny' dismissed

Plea seeking ban on 'Finding Fanny' dismissed
The Delhi High Court Wednesday dismissed a PIL seeking a ban on the release of Homi Adajania's movie "Finding Fanny" due to the use of the word "fanny"....

Plea seeking ban on 'Finding Fanny' dismissed