Monday, May 18, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

Salman Khan's Blackbuck Case Hearing Adjourned To July

Darpan News Desk IANS, 07 May, 2018 01:24 PM
  • Salman Khan's Blackbuck Case Hearing Adjourned To July
The hearing of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's plea for suspending his five-year prison term in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case, that was scheduled for Monday, has been adjourned to July 17.
 
District and Sessions Judge Chandra Kumar Songara ordered the arguments to begin but Salman's lawyer Mahesh Bora wanted some more time.
 
Heeding to his request, Songara adjourned the hearing till July 17.
 
Salman was seen leaving the Jodhpur trial court soon after. He had arrived here on Sunday.
 
The actor was convicted and handed a five-year imprisonment on April 5 by Chief Judicial Magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri for killing two blackbucks 19 years ago. He spent two nights in the Jodhpur Central Jail, before he was granted bail by the sessions court on April 7.
 
Both Khatri, as well as District and Sessions Judge Ravindra Kumar Joshi, who gave him bail, have since been transferred in what has been described as a routine administrative move involving a number of judges.
 
Salman's Bollywood colleagues Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Neelam and Sonali Bendre were acquitted by the trial court. Another accused Dushyant Singh, an area resident, was also acquitted. 
 
Salman was accused of shooting and killing blackbucks in Kankani village near Jodhpur on October 1, 1998, during the shooting of the film "Hum Saath Saath Hain".
 
This is one of many legal battles Salman has faced in the last 20 years, including allegations of killing a homeless man while driving drunk in Mumbai, a charge he was acquitted of.
 
He was also booked for keeping a weapon under an expired arms licence. A trial court had acquitted him.
 
In other cases, he was accused of killing two protected chinkaras in Bhawad and one in Mathania. However, the Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in 2016.
 

MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

Raj Babbar Resigns As Congress' UP President

Raj Babbar on Wednesday resigned from the post of Uttar Pradesh Congress chief, a party source said.

Raj Babbar Resigns As Congress' UP President

Meet Sanjana Sanghi: Sushant Singh Rajput’s Leading Lady In The Fault In Our Stars Remake

Meet Sanjana Sanghi: Sushant Singh Rajput’s Leading Lady In The Fault In Our Stars Remake
It has been revealed that Sushant Singh Rajput will romance 'Rockstar' fame Sanjana Sanghi, in 'The Fault In Our Stars' remake.

Meet Sanjana Sanghi: Sushant Singh Rajput’s Leading Lady In The Fault In Our Stars Remake

'Raid' Emerges As 2nd Highest Opening Weekend Grosser

'Raid' Emerges As 2nd Highest Opening Weekend Grosser
Ajay Devgn starrer, 'Raid' has emerged as the second highest opening weekend grosser of 2018, till now.

'Raid' Emerges As 2nd Highest Opening Weekend Grosser

Jacqueline Fernandez Sizzles As Jessica On New 'Race 3' Poster

Jacqueline Fernandez Sizzles As Jessica On New 'Race 3' Poster
Jacqueline Fernandez is all set to join the Race yet again with the third installment of the 'Race' franchise. The actress will be seen in a much edgier and power packed avatar as Jessica for 'Race 3'.

Jacqueline Fernandez Sizzles As Jessica On New 'Race 3' Poster

Not Hurt Kapil Sharma Called Me A Liar, I Am Worried About His Health: Sunil Grover

Referring to his mid-air fight with Kapil Sharma, Sunil Grover says he met the comedian “after the incident” but “many things happened between the two of us since then”.

Not Hurt Kapil Sharma Called Me A Liar, I Am Worried About His Health: Sunil Grover

Amitabh Bachchan Shares His First Job Application Picture, Says 'No Wonder I Was Rejected'

Amitabh Bachchan Shares His First Job Application Picture, Says 'No Wonder I Was Rejected'
Sharing the old picture where he is dressed in an off white kurta pyjama, Amitabh Bachchan wrote, “My application picture for a job in movies .. 1968.. no wonder I was rejected.”

Amitabh Bachchan Shares His First Job Application Picture, Says 'No Wonder I Was Rejected'