Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Neetu Chandra To Make Hollywood Debut With 'The Worst Day'

    Neetu Chandra To Make Hollywood Debut With 'The Worst Day'
    Actress Neetu Chandra is all set to make her foray in Hollywood with a short film titled "The Worst Day".

    Neetu Chandra To Make Hollywood Debut With 'The Worst Day'

    Mental Hai Kya Actress Amyra Dastur On Working With Kangana Ranaut

    Mental Hai Kya Actress Amyra Dastur On Working With Kangana Ranaut
    Actress Amyra Dastur has shot a few fresh scenes for "Mental Hai Kya".

    Mental Hai Kya Actress Amyra Dastur On Working With Kangana Ranaut

    The Break Was Good For My Craft: Aditya Roy Kapur

    The Break Was Good For My Craft: Aditya Roy Kapur
    Actor Aditya Roy Kapur, who is awaiting the release of "Kalank" and is gearing up for two more films, says a break of two years in his career has been good for him to approach his craft better.

    The Break Was Good For My Craft: Aditya Roy Kapur

    Suriya Is Best Actor In Our Country: Guneet Monga

    Film producer Guneet Monga, who is all set to co-produce Suriya's next titled "Soorarai Pottru", says the southern star is one of the best actors in the country.

    Suriya Is Best Actor In Our Country: Guneet Monga

    Actresses Slowly Getting Their Monetary Due: Kriti Sanon

    Actresses Slowly Getting Their Monetary Due: Kriti Sanon
    "The situation is slowly but steadily balancing out where female actors are also getting their monetary due. But we still have a long way to go."

    Actresses Slowly Getting Their Monetary Due: Kriti Sanon

    Farah Khan Confident Of 'Mrs. Serial Killer'

    Farah Khan Confident Of 'Mrs. Serial Killer'
    Farah said in a statement: "Though it's too soon to delve into details, 'Mrs. Serial Killer' will definitely cater to our strong content craving audience not just in India but overseas.    

    Farah Khan Confident Of 'Mrs. Serial Killer'