Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    My Loved Ones Shouldn't Suffer: Varun Dhawan

    Just days after reports emerged that a fanatic fan of Varun Dhawan threatened his ladylove Natasha Dalal, the actor said his near and dear ones should not be paying a price due to his celebrity status.

    My Loved Ones Shouldn't Suffer: Varun Dhawan

    Shahid's 'Kabir Singh' Causes Social Media Frenzy

    As Shahid Kapoor gave a sneak peak into the world of his upcoming film "Kabir Singh", people exclaimed "wow" and perhaps made the actor think "picture abhi baaki hai mere dost".    

    Shahid's 'Kabir Singh' Causes Social Media Frenzy

    Vidya 'Trying To Do' Web Series On Indira Gandhi

    Actress Vidya Balan has said she is trying to do a web series based on the life of India's first and only woman Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.

    Vidya 'Trying To Do' Web Series On Indira Gandhi

    History Has Been Written By Winners: Pallavi Joshi

    "Why was there no investigation? Why does the story that we are served as truth has factual and logical loopholes?" asked the actress.

    History Has Been Written By Winners: Pallavi Joshi

    Madhuri's Grace In Place In 'Kalank' Number

    Madhuri Dixit Nene on the dance floor, swaying to a Kathak beat in flaming orange as a group of chorus dancers in bright green costumes join in... Gosh

    Madhuri's Grace In Place In 'Kalank' Number

    Dabangg 3 Actress Sonakshi Sinha Says That She 'Can Play Rajjo In Sleep Too'

    Dabangg 3 Actress Sonakshi Sinha Says That She 'Can Play Rajjo In Sleep Too'
    Actress Sonakshi Sinha says her equation with superstar Salman Khan, with whom she starred in her debut film "Dabangg", will never change no matter where she goes in her career.

    Dabangg 3 Actress Sonakshi Sinha Says That She 'Can Play Rajjo In Sleep Too'