Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Doing Patriotic Films By Default, Not Design: John

    Doing Patriotic Films By Default, Not Design: John
    John said this on Wednesday while interacting with the media here to promote "Romeo Akbar Walter".

    Doing Patriotic Films By Default, Not Design: John

    Shah Rukh Khan Felicitated In London

    The actor received the merit during a graduation ceremony for more than 350 students here on Thursday.

    Shah Rukh Khan Felicitated In London

    Ranbir Kapoor Asks Photographer Yeh Chappal Kahan Se Li. Video Goes Viral, Of Course

    Before heading to New York to meet his ailing father Rishi Kapoor, Ranbir unleashed his funny side while the photographers tried to capture a glimpse of him.

    Ranbir Kapoor Asks Photographer Yeh Chappal Kahan Se Li. Video Goes Viral, Of Course

    It's 'Dabangg 3' Time For Sonakshi Sinha

    It's 'Dabangg 3' Time For Sonakshi Sinha
    Actress Sonakshi Sinha has started shooting for the third instalment of superstar Salman Khan-starrer "Dabangg".

    It's 'Dabangg 3' Time For Sonakshi Sinha

    Nawazuddin Siddiqui Joins 'No Land's Man'

    Nawazuddin Siddiqui Joins 'No Land's Man'
    Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui will star in and co-produce Bangladeshi filmmaker Mostofa Sarwar Farookis "No Lands Man".

    Nawazuddin Siddiqui Joins 'No Land's Man'

    Anees Bazmee's 'Pagalpanti' Experience In London

    Anees Bazmee's 'Pagalpanti' Experience In London
    Filmmaker Anees Bazmee says shooting for "Pagalpanti" in London was no less than a roller-coaster ride.    

    Anees Bazmee's 'Pagalpanti' Experience In London