Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Deepika Padukone's Chhapaak: What Kangana Ranaut's Sister Rangoli, Acid Attack Survivor, Tweeted

    Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut's sister Rangoli Chandel, an acid attack survivor herself, says she is the biggest cheerleader of the upcoming film "Chhapaak".

    Deepika Padukone's Chhapaak: What Kangana Ranaut's Sister Rangoli, Acid Attack Survivor, Tweeted

    Uday Chopra Explains 'Not OK' Tweet, 'Don't Do This Again,' Says Twitter

    Uday Chopra Explains 'Not OK' Tweet, 'Don't Do This Again,' Says Twitter
    Actor-producer Uday Chopra, who has been lying low professionally, says he is "fine" and that his Twitter posts which got a section of social media users worried a day earlier, were only a result of his "dark humour".

    Uday Chopra Explains 'Not OK' Tweet, 'Don't Do This Again,' Says Twitter

    Shabana Azmi Slams Modi Biopic's Makers

    Shabana Azmi Slams Modi Biopic's Makers
    Veteran actress Shabana Azmi feels makers of "PM Narendra Modi" biopic intentionally added her husband and veteran lyricist Javed Akhtar's name to the film's credits list.

    Shabana Azmi Slams Modi Biopic's Makers

    Jonas Brothers Tease Fans With New Music Again On Instagram

    The Jonas Brothers' Nick Jonas and Joe Jonas have teased a new music video after dropping "Sucker" last month.

    Jonas Brothers Tease Fans With New Music Again On Instagram

    Akshay Kumar To Get Paid Rs 90 Crore For His Debut Web Series The End

    Akshay Kumar To Get Paid Rs 90 Crore For His Debut Web Series The End
    Akshay Kumar has once again dominated the box office with his latest release Kesari and is all set to enter the digital space too.    

    Akshay Kumar To Get Paid Rs 90 Crore For His Debut Web Series The End

    My Sisters Are More Appreciated For Style: Arjun Kapoor

    Arjun Kapoor has been keeping his look, for the upcoming movie Panipat, a secret. The actor often appears at public events wearing a cap or a hat. 

    My Sisters Are More Appreciated For Style: Arjun Kapoor