Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Shahid Kapoor Shares His First Photo With Son Zain

    Actor Shahid Kapoor often shares photographs of his daughter Misha or wife Mira on social media. For the first time, he has posted a photograph with his son Zain, whose arrival last year made the family "feel complete".

    Shahid Kapoor Shares His First Photo With Son Zain

    Madhuri Pens Emotional Note On Younger Son’s Birthday

    Madhuri Pens Emotional Note On Younger Son’s Birthday
    Actress Madhuri Dixit Nene took to Instagram to share an emotional note for her younger son Ryan on his birthday.

    Madhuri Pens Emotional Note On Younger Son’s Birthday

    Sona Mohapatra Slams Sonu Nigam Over Cancellation Of Gig

    You will be happy and relieved to know dear men's rights activists, including Sonu Nigamji, for the third time in the last few months, a show date for me has gotten cancelled 

    Sona Mohapatra Slams Sonu Nigam Over Cancellation Of Gig

    SRK's Tryst With Mysterious Woman In Dubai

    Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan on Monday shared a snippet of a thrilling quest he experienced after meeting a mysterious woman in Dubai, his favourite city.

    SRK's Tryst With Mysterious Woman In Dubai

    Small Role In 'Kesari' Does Not Bother Parineeti Chopra

    Actress Parineeti Chopra who is gearing up for the release of "Kesari" said her forthcoming film is a cool love story woven into a story of battle.

    Small Role In 'Kesari' Does Not Bother Parineeti Chopra

    Don't Want To Get Into The Rat Race Of Being A Hero: Aparshakti Khurana

    Aparshakti Khurana is getting offers of lead roles with great money, but he doesn't want to rush into it. The actor says he is waiting for the right script and the right part.

    Don't Want To Get Into The Rat Race Of Being A Hero: Aparshakti Khurana