Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Kangana Ranaut Slams Ranbir Kapoor For Old Interview Refusing To Comment On Politics

    Actress Kangana Ranaut has slammed actor Ranbir Kapoor for not taking a stand on the country's politics and other issues.

    Kangana Ranaut Slams Ranbir Kapoor For Old Interview Refusing To Comment On Politics

    I’ve Become Greedier, More Selective: Divya Dutta

    I’ve Become Greedier, More Selective: Divya Dutta
    It's a case of "dil maange more" for Divya Dutta as far as risky films and characters are concerned.    

    I’ve Become Greedier, More Selective: Divya Dutta

    Glorification Of Trolling Has Added Crazy Pressure On Entertainers: Priyanka Chopra

    Glorification Of Trolling Has Added Crazy Pressure On Entertainers: Priyanka Chopra
    Priyanka Chopra has always walked to the beat of her own drum. But the actress says glorification of trolling has added "crazy pressure" on entertainers.

    Glorification Of Trolling Has Added Crazy Pressure On Entertainers: Priyanka Chopra

    Janhvi A Sincere Actress: Pankaj Tripathi

    Actor Pankaj Tripathi says his on-screen daughter Janhvi Kapoor is a sincere actress.

    Janhvi A Sincere Actress: Pankaj Tripathi

    What Is Madhuri Dixit Doing In 'Total Dhamaal'?

    While the 'boys' in Indra Kumar's rumbustious ode to rowdyism and toxic masculinity, "Total Dhamaal" are out to have fun

    What Is Madhuri Dixit Doing In 'Total Dhamaal'?

    Saif, Ali Fazal, Fatima To Star In Horror Comedy 'Bhoot Police'

    Saif, Ali Fazal, Fatima To Star In Horror Comedy 'Bhoot Police'
    Actor Saif Ali Khan is teaming up with Ali Fazal and Fatima Sana Shaikh for the upcoming 3D horror comedy film titled "Bhoot Police", Fox Star Studios announced on Monday.

    Saif, Ali Fazal, Fatima To Star In Horror Comedy 'Bhoot Police'