Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    I Haven'T Played A Role Like Suhasini Rao Before: Neliima Azeem

    Actress Neliima Azeem is happy to get back to work with web series "Mom & Co.", and says the shows gives her scope to perform.

    I Haven'T Played A Role Like Suhasini Rao Before: Neliima Azeem

    Dia Mirza To Play 'Delicious Part' In Web Series

    Dia was last seen on the big screen in "Sanju" as Manyata Dutt.    

    Dia Mirza To Play 'Delicious Part' In Web Series

    Sridevi's 'Mom' To Release In China

    Sridevi's 'Mom' To Release In China
    Zee Studios International released the film in 40 regions including Poland, Russia, UAE, UK, US and Singapore. Now, they are taking the film to China, read a statement. 

    Sridevi's 'Mom' To Release In China

    I'll Get To The Bottom Of This: Ali Fazal On Leaked Nude Images

    After Ali Fazal's nude photographs got leaked on the internet, the actor confirmed it was him and said he will find out as to who was behind it.

    I'll Get To The Bottom Of This: Ali Fazal On Leaked Nude Images

    Newlyweds Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas Kiss Away In Parking Lot

    Newlyweds Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas were seen locking lips at a parking space here.    

    Newlyweds Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas Kiss Away In Parking Lot

    'Kesari' Piques Interest In Battle Of Saragarhi

    With over 20 million views in 24 hours since its release, the trailer of Akshay Kumar's "Kesari" has piqued interest about the historic Battle of Saragarhi of 1897.

    'Kesari' Piques Interest In Battle Of Saragarhi