Thursday, February 19, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Mehr Is My Priority: Neha Dhupia

    Actress Neha Dhupia says her daughter Mehr is her priority, but she wont lose focus from her work.  

    Mehr Is My Priority: Neha Dhupia

    Diljit Dosanjh's Wax Statue To Be Unveiled In Madame Tussauds Delhi

    Diljit Dosanjh's Wax Statue To Be Unveiled In Madame Tussauds Delhi
    Punjabi sensation Diljit Dosanjh's wax statue at Madame Tussauds Delhi, located in the iconic Regal Building at Connaught Place here, will be unveiled on Thursday.

    Diljit Dosanjh's Wax Statue To Be Unveiled In Madame Tussauds Delhi

    Sridevi: The Enigma Continues

    Sridevi: The Enigma Continues
    Anupam Kher puts the sentiment of fans, family members and fraternity friends in just the right words a year after the demise of the enigmatic actress, who lived the cinematic dream for 50 years.

    Sridevi: The Enigma Continues

    Being Judged Is Part Of Being A Public Figure: Diana Penty

    Being Judged Is Part Of Being A Public Figure: Diana Penty
    Actress Diana Penty says being constantly judged is a part and parcel of being a public figure, and she agrees it can be ruthless sometimes.

    Being Judged Is Part Of Being A Public Figure: Diana Penty

    I Don't Blame, Credit Anyone For My Success Or Struggle: Kareena Kapoor

    From being body shamed to taking the audience by surprise with her 'size zero' frame, from getting married at the peak of her career to walking the fashion ramp flaunting her baby bump and returning to work immediately after giving birth -- actress Kareena Kapoor Khan has done it all and more.  

    I Don't Blame, Credit Anyone For My Success Or Struggle: Kareena Kapoor

    I'm Playing One Of The Most Difficult Roles In 'Saand Ki Aankh': Taapsee

    Actress Taapsee Pannu, who will be next seen in a film titled "Saand Ki Aankh", has said that playing the role of a sharpshooter is one of the most intense and difficult experience of her career.    

    I'm Playing One Of The Most Difficult Roles In 'Saand Ki Aankh': Taapsee