Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Earlier, Filmmakers Had Limited Vision About Me: Arjun Rampal

    Earlier, Filmmakers Had Limited Vision About Me: Arjun Rampal
    National award-winning actor-producer Arjun Rampal, who will soon to be seen in the upcoming web series titled "The Final Call"

    Earlier, Filmmakers Had Limited Vision About Me: Arjun Rampal

    'Milan Talkies' Will Not Release In Pakistan: Tigmanshu Dhulia

    'Milan Talkies' Will Not Release In Pakistan: Tigmanshu Dhulia
    Filmmaker Tigmanshu Dhulia says his forthcoming film "Milan Talkies" will not release in Pakistan.    

    'Milan Talkies' Will Not Release In Pakistan: Tigmanshu Dhulia

    Diverse Opinion Not Anti National: Jaaved Jaaferi

    Diverse Opinion Not Anti National: Jaaved Jaaferi
    Actor Jaaved Jaaferi, who had to apologise on social media after being slammed for his comments on the Pulwama terrorist attack, says in an ideal democracy, diverse opinions should co-exist.

    Diverse Opinion Not Anti National: Jaaved Jaaferi

    Ace Businessman Daljit Thind Establishes Own Production House

    Thind's Dalmora Films Pvt. Ltd. is all set to release its debut film in June.

    Ace Businessman Daljit Thind Establishes Own Production House

    Kapil Sharma On Sidhu Controversy: Focus On The Genuine Problem, Not On Misleading Hashtags

    Nations cannot be blamed just for a handful of people. These people have no country, no religion. They act as deterrents in the peace process. We need to deal with them strictly

    Kapil Sharma On Sidhu Controversy: Focus On The Genuine Problem, Not On Misleading Hashtags

    Haven't Replaced Sidhu On 'The Kapil Sharma Show', Says Archana Puran Singh

    Haven't Replaced Sidhu On 'The Kapil Sharma Show', Says Archana Puran Singh
    Sony Entertainment Television put up a social media post on Sunday, welcoming Archana to the show, amidst a buzz that she has replaced Sidhu, who guffaws through the show.    

    Haven't Replaced Sidhu On 'The Kapil Sharma Show', Says Archana Puran Singh